“Good stay!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Monroe
Grayslake
“Good stay!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Clean rooms, courteous employees. I'd stay here again. Close walking distance to a couple good restaurants, and close to Main Street in Monroe. Downtown Monroe was a nice fun place to check out as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Pete P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
West Peoria
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were pleasantly surprise at how clean and appealing the condition of the motel was as it didn't have a good rating on the internet.
Staff was very pleasant and helpful and rooms were very clean. A great experience overall. Would stat again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Waterford, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The rooms themselves are decent and clean. The clerks at the front desk seem to not be very helpful or know what they are doing. We stayed here a couple times and AFTER our ATV was stolen from the lot that is the last time. We needed security tapes and they don't have camera's in the parking lot.
Even one of the responding officers commented about how Super 8 down the road was robbed all the time since it's right off the expressway. We had several fix ups as far as payments and it took them two weeks to refund my credit card. I will not stay here again..

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole9872
Markham, Ontario
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A very nice establishment with an excellent staff who make the needs of their visitors their priority. Clean, courteous & comfortable! Perfectly located walking distance to all amenities & to the main Town Square.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Thank Rosetta & Corra... S
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Having stayed at this location 2 years ago and having a hassle then about being put on the 2nd floor with an elderly father and a wife that's blind. I figured well they probably aren't as bad as they were the last time. If you are from Wisconsin and IL then you obviously can not just "request" a room but you can specifically get a specific room!!! Monroe is not that large of a town to have the #2 hotel treat people in such a manner.

I woke up to having some issues with blood sugar. So rather than drive I called and asked to continue our stay for one more night. I can extend you but you have to move rooms. Ok so what's the rate? It's more than I was paying for a whirlpool room in 105. Like 10.00 more to be exact. So I get the keys and go to the new room 117. It's the same exact room but larger with a sitting area. I don't care about the sitting area I just want a bed to sleep.

I inquired at the desk what on earth is going on in Monroe that you are full? It's like this all the time in Wisconsin in the summer. Having been in the hotel and travel industry and owning a travel agency. I know and treat my customers like they are the only customers I have. I don't alienate them by telling them sure you can stay, just pay more for the same exact room.

In all of this they could have simply said "We will just upgrade the person that specifically wants 105" Nope I'm given the look that how dare I question what they do.

Rooms are nice and basic no storage drawers of any kind. And for the upgrade I get 1 nightstand instead of 2. I have relatives living in Monroe and traveling all the way from Florida and as a Travel Agent I expect to be treated fairly. Fairly is not accommodating someone else and charging me more for the same room. They could just as easily said sure stay in 105 and we will upgrade the people that specifically want 105 to 117 since it's the same except the clerk said snippy "it has a sleeper sofa" I'm not sleeping on the sofa, don't need the sofa. I would have just preferred you say no we don't have the room than to insult my intelligence.

Management no need to respond since the last time you responded, you blamed me which seems to be the status quo. If nothing else works throw the travel agent under the bus. While my business revolves around cruising and Hawaii. I will go out of my way to not recommend AmericInn based on this location, and the one in Medford with the snooty rude condescending desk clerk. When coming up I called to check on room availability in Medford and the lady was just downright rude. "Are you from Wisconsin?" No well we don't have any rooms then. Again lovely state and I don't blame it's people for the rudeness and inhospitable attitudes.

Room Tip: Since AmericInn obviously doesn't believe in the "Request" but rather they guarantee r...