“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Juda
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I love this hotel! Is the best place to stay in Monroe!Not only have I stayed in this hotel butI have had a tour of it for a class trip and the owner is excellent and staff are friendly. This Super 8 isn't you're ordinary hotel but an extroidinary hotel!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newton, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Most Super 8's are your average place to stay, this one is a degree or two better than average.
Outside of the building was well maintained, inside was very well decorated and clean.
The Front Desk Attendant was talking to a guest about room blocks for a wedding and was very abrupt and frustrated when checking us in, but was polite, told me best place to park, best way to our room and where the escape door for my wife's bad habit was located. Check out attendant was very pleasant and thanked us for staying with them.
Our room was very nice, clean, had three pillows on the bed which is rare in a Super 8 to see. Bed was a little higher off the ground, also not typical of a Super 8, which even for me was different getting in and out of, but my wife is a bit shorter and it was a struggle for her.
Breakfast was typical Super 8 continental style, but they had a nice variety and selection. One major plus even though it is an extension of the front lobby, they have a very nice spacious area with plenty of tables to enjoy your breakfast and you are out of the way of the hustle and bustle of guests checking out.
If ever in Monroe I will definitely stay here again. Can't remember if this is a Pride of Super 8 hotel or not, but it should be.

2 Thank MALaehn
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just needed a reasonable room for a quick overnight stay. The manager upgraded us free of charge to a whirlpool room which was a pleasant surprise, or so we thought. Rooms were clean but smelled a little musty like it wasn't used for a long time. Room was on the first floor and right next to a stairwell. Walls are a bit thin and could hear people walking the stairs. Also, there must have been another whirlpool room above, as when the guests upstairs decided to use their whirlpool at 1AM we could hear the jets in their tub running through the ceiling. Also, when the guests above were finished their whirlpool was draining water and backing up into the whirlpool in our room (kinda gross and was loud). If I stay here again I would decline the upgrade and ask for a second floor room to try and reduce the noise.

Room Tip: Recommend upstairs rooms not near stairs, and don't recommend the first floor whirlpool rooms un...
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Friendly staff at the desk, good quiet location, decent beds, average towels, sink in bedroom separate from toilet/shower. Full house but quiet except for the yahoos across the hall (not the hotel's fault), secure parking, too.
Te breakfast was slightly above average with waffle-maker, cereals, biscuits and gravy, etc. Decent area in which to sit, too.
We stayed one night while biking the nearby trails - and it was all we needed - but a little expensive for what you get - could have gotten better value nearer to the interstate but I guess we paid a bit more for location......

Room Tip: Second floor - no noise from above....
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Manager was very nice changing my room because of the odor in the room and even helped carry my luggage.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Newton, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Tuesday evening, June 10, while in the area on vacation. As a former front desk attendant/assistant manager at a Super 8 in a different town/state, I have a tendency to critique harshly. This particular location was very nice and close to many restaurants, shopping spots and tourist sites! From the minute one walks into the lobby, you can tell that it is highly maintained and respectable! Our room was on the second floor, which was no big deal, and because of Wisconsin's laws and my bad habit, there was an exit door close enough so that I could go outside when needed. Our room had a great bed, that was high enough from the floor, where I had to hop-up just to sit down! It made for a humorous night, as my husband is over 6' tall, therefore he had no problems getting in or out...while, me at 5'5"...let's just say, it made for good laughs! Our room was clean and spacious enough for two people and seeing three pillows on the bed was a plus (even though, we do bring our own!!) The continental breakfast the next morning was typical Super Start but plenty of variety to atleast get one off to a great day! I would definitely stay at this location again, if we are ever in the area!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Monroe
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Freeport
Super 8 Darlington
Super 8 Darlington
#1 of 2 in Darlington

Been to Super 8 Monroe WI? Share your experiences!