“The Wisconsin Supper Club”

Granite Falls Supper Club
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Montello
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a true Wisconsin Supper Club. The place is a bit aged, dark lightening, a salad bar, and a good Brandy Old Fashioned (Korbel of course).

My wife and I enjoyed the food when we stopped on our way through town. We were a bit early for dinner, but they let us sit and order which was very good service.

I will stop again on my way through.

1  Thank Richard M

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great well stocked salad bar with choice of 2 homemade soups. Salad bar was fresh and constantly restocked. The soup had good flavor with lots of vegetables. Awesome dessert bar with lots of choices.

The prime rib was excellent and done perfectly My friend had chicken & shrimp and was also impressed.

Service was good and our server was very attentive without being obnoxious .

Reviewed 13 October 2013

For a Saturday night they seemed unprepared. We got there a little before they opened the dining area and enjoyed a drink and some friendly conversation at the bar. They had a reservation for a party of around fifteen people and that was accommodated in a separate room. The main dining area only had six other people, yet when we were seated the hostess told us she was “out of menus”.

When the menu finally arrived I inquired about the perch and was told it’s frozen and then deep fried. I ordered the chicken. My guess is that I should have ordered either a steak or the prime rib as those meals are better suited for quick and easy preparation and serving. The chicken was average; certainly not “fine dining”, but not terrible.

The salad bar was average with just about everything you’d expect, and nothing extra. Dessert bar was better than average with a nice selection. Service was not what it should be, but not terrible considering the group and a dining room of six served by two waitresses.

It appears that the primary concern of management is cost control and efficiency. The menu is made up of things that can either be prepared beforehand (prime rib, broasted chicken, etc.) or quickly prepared (steak, frozen fish). This is rural Wisconsin, so if you’re looking for fine dining, well, good luck with that. Supper Clubs have a unique atmosphere and feel to them and you either like them or you don’t. I like them, but this one fell a little short of expectations.

2  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. Best ribs. Husband had fried cod. ~ very good. Nice salad bar AND large selection for a dessert bar.

Pleasant atmosphere and service.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

In an area devoid of many restaurants, we chose this one out of a lack of choices. The food was good, the salad bar adequate and the service OK. The hostess seemed a bit grumpy when she said all she had left was a table for 6 to seat our party of 3. When we took the table I think she expected us to wait for a smaller table. Just left a bad taste in our mouth for the meal.

1  Thank FlyingMike