“Great Place”

Quality Inn Central Wisconsin Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mosinee
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was very nice and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. Food was good. I wish all motels were as nice as this one. Thanks. Can't wait to return to this hotel and they will always get my business for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Central Wisconsin Airport

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We picked this hotel as it was a central location for our family get-a-way. We had booked 3 rooms. We will NEVER go here again because of the following:
-- POOL WAS SHUT DOWN BY HEALTH DEPARTMENT!! This is what we wanted to do all weekend and traveling with 4 small kids and then finding out AFTER checking in the pool was not available was not great. It rained all weekend so going to a park was not an option.
-- WRONG ROOM GIVEN! We requested the King suite as a meeting place for our large group and was not given it - their excuse was that it was being used the first nite????? UMMM We requested THAT room so 1) why wasn't that said when we called in 2) why did they say when we checked in???
-- TOILET LEAKED! In the large room we were given - went through lots of towels lol
-- JACUZZI WOULD NOT TURN OFF! In large room had Jacuzzi and there was a constant drip.
-- ROOF LEAKED! Stains on ceiling made room gross.
-- POOR BREAKFAST!! Biscuits were hard, gravy was cold (turns out that they didn't even turn on the warming tray to keep it hot????) Had to ask for things to be refilled.
-- HEAT LAMP DID NOT WORK! In one room the heat lamp in bathroom did not work.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Christy S
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I were on our way home from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.. We decided to stop at this facility... It is a delight.. Great rooms, easy access to the rooms.. The facility is easy to get to... The people at the desk were nice..

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This hotel is just a stone throw away from the Wausau (CWA) airport which was exactly what I required for my business trip. I had a king size room booked, the room was spacious enough, had microwave and refridgerator, neat and tidy , the staff was courteous. There is a wonderful restaurant just 1 min walk from this hotel. The hotel also provides shuttle service to and from the airport which is was nice too. The best part is the price...only $67 per night. All in all I had a very decent and comfortable experience based on my short business trip requirement.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank PriyankaonTrip
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This motel in my opinion is about 50 percent overpriced. Before I write about this facility I want to state that the staff was very courteous and professional. I got to my room and found the room to be incredibly small. There was no luggage holder anywhere(first hotel I've ever seen without one). Although the room was equipped with an iron, there was no ironing board. I looked for a cup to fill the iron and found only one small stryrofoam cup. Then I tried to turn on the tv and the remote didn't work. After messing it with it I finally got it to work for about two hours. The sink in the bathroom was small with no where to set anything when using the sink. The shower is a handicap friendly so the shower head is on a flexible hose. Unfortunately the attachment to use it as a standing shower was broken or missing. The list goes on but

Room Tip: look elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We were in Stevens Point for a middle-school basketball tournament. This was one of two affordable hotels left, so we had no choice but to book here. Upon check in, there was a "high school student" working at the front, who was very pleasant. However, after x3 phone calls of making sure our reservation had what we requested, they knew nothing about us needing a room with a refrigerator and a microwave, nor two beds and a crib, as we have an infant. Even though I had it promised via an e-mail, it wasn't available, unless we paid an ADDITIONAL DAILY FEE!!

After getting that resolved with a 2nd staff member, we got to our room which was FILTHY--the bathroom toilet, floor, and sink had appeared to not have been cleaned in months!! Supposedly 'clean' towels had stains, toothpaste, and blood on some. Ketchup was imbedded into one part of the wall in our room, as well as the prior guests' trash literreing the floor and trash bins! The ice machine was so disgusting there was GREEN & BLACK MOLD all over the inside. The pool area was so nasty we wouldn't let our kids swim--unknown slime was floating in the pool, and the drinking fountain was rusted out.

Do not believe the advertising about the "remodeling." One male front desk clerk (the owner, I was told later) during our stay said "Oh we only purchased new t.v.'s...we didn't really remodel!" We saw staircases falling apart (no elevator either!), and walls tearing apart!

The security is less than to be desired. The outside access door had the key-swyper broken off, and the door is just "unlocked," therefore, anyone could enter the building at any time! There was also a point I talked to another guest. I had mentioned there was no clerk on duty around 7pm on a Saturday night. That guest said she needed someone also, and when the clerk returned, they said they had brought another guest to the airport--NO shuttle here, as listed online--so I guess they felt it was okay to leave the property and all their guests with no security.

I have many pictures I took on the property I am submitting to their corporate. I'm not sure they will care, considering I was already told by them they are "an independently run franchise."

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank dentalgirl01
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Toliet had bm in it and bathtub/shower was filthy trash can had blood and dirt all over it.asked for housekeeping to clean it .took her over 1/2 hour to come and she only removed string from tub and scrubed the toliet turned on tv it said weak signal check cable connection, no frig or microwave as stated on my slip room heater blows cold or warm when it wants [no choice of my] NO DO NOT EVER STAY HERE sidewalks were full of snow and ice. swimming area so cold but water was great .frost on the inside of windows. but the breakfast was good

Room Tip: please read all reviews before booking
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tammy B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mosinee
Econo Lodge
#4 of 11 in Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
#2 of 11 in Wausau

Been to Quality Inn Central Wisconsin Airport? Share your experiences!