“hotel stay nice”

Karakahl Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mount Horeb
Reviewed 14 November 2013

the staff were friendly,rooms were neat and clean , i am happy to stay my next time visit. i went conference @mount horeb we stayed two day environment so peacefully.the room and bath were bigger than most hotels. we paying 65.00 it was worth. the bed was very comfortable.we left our bikes locked to our car overnight and found them safe the next morning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Don't let the outside run you off. The place did not look all that great when we pulled up. the wife said that we would spend one night then move on. When we got to the room we were very surprised. The room and bath were bigger than most hotels. The room was very neat and clean. we spent two nights and would have stayed longer if we needed to. I spoke to the owner about the exterior and milky glass around the pool area. He said that they wanted to update the inside first for the guest. Replacing the glass is very expensive but he is getting bids to get the work done. We have stayed at a number of well known hotels in the past and this one by far is the better one. If we were to return to the area in the future we would stay here. I think that this hotel will get better and better as time goes on. The owners really want to bring this back to being a top hotel in the area. Also, the small town of mount horeb is very nice and the people are easy to talk to.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

First of all I need to state that we are not prudish people who demand the best of anything, we realized we were paying 67.00 for a night at a hotel and from the reviews expected a nice, clean, fairly decent room. We've stayed in rooms for that amount and not been disgusted like we were here. When we arrived we were shocked by how run down the hotel was, the dumpsters were overflowing with trash, the landscaping was overgrown and in bad shape and there were people hanging out in front of the rooms almost like they lived there. (They do offer "weekly and monthly" rates) The front desk man was rude and had no personality. We arrived at about 3pm, got to our room and it was in the middle of being cleaned. We looked through the halls and all over and couldn't find any staff. Called the front desk and he said he would get someone up there and that's about the most positive thing I can say. The staff was actually very upset that we were there and the room wasn't clean yet. What I will tell you is that we left while they were cleaning because they had left the pillows on the bed without pillowcases on them and they were filthy and stained so we tried to find a store that sold pillows~ I was not laying my head on those even if they did have a pillow case on them. Got back to a clean room and this is basically what we found~ the carpet was filthy, the cover on the bed was stained and disgusting, all of their appliances including tv were very old and outdated, the bathroom mirror was dirty and had hand prints on it above the toilet (men sure you can picture that) blood on the shower curtain and the towels were mismatched, threadbare and stained. We even searched the bed for bedbugs, a first for us.There was no way on earth I was walking on the carpet barefoot, I even turned my socks inside out when I took them off. The wallpaper was stained and pealing, water stains on the ceiling. Just very worn out and old. Basically we went to our wedding, came back and slept for a few hours and got our butts out of there by 7am. Oh and the pool? No. Breakfast? No (wouldn't have touched it if they did have it) I've never written a bad review like this in my life and we travel quite often so I don't take this lightly, but if you have other options or even are ok driving a few more miles I would do that. I think the people who wrote the glowing reviews are the owners or friends of the owners, based on the bad grammar and punctuation I would assume they are the same person.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel, I promise the extra money or drive will be worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank daniel k
Reviewed 11 October 2013

we were stay 09/3013 when i check in @ moment the staff was busy @check in time with other people,the room were clean and neat the atmospheric was nice and location are perfect for wics dell tourist ,we were happy to stay @hotel overall i like hotel i recommend this hotel for good stay
specially environment peaceful..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Where do I start? The pictures on the website must be from 20 years ago when it was an average place to stay. This motel is very, very run down. I regretted my decision to stay there the minute we pulled up. The room was ready when we got there, which was good, but what that probably meant was that no one has stayed there for quite some time; it definitely was not freshly cleaned. The room spelled bad. Some of the lamps were missing light bulbs and the electronics/appliances were not even plugged in. There was a layer of dust on everything. The beds were broken and disgusting. The sheets didn't even fit the beds and I'm guessing the bed spreads had not been washed in years. The walls were dirty and the wall paper was tearing away. Ceiling tiles were patched with duct tape. The towels were mismatched, tattered, thin, and reminded me of shop rags. I was definitely not taking a shower there. The carpet was stained and dirty. I was afraid to even touch anything. The other "guests" were wandering around outside, smoking, and had chairs, etc. set up like they were living there. The walls were very thin; you could hear every toilet flush, every door slam, and even the tv and conversations from next door. The hallways were dark and dingy, the pool was green and dirty. The whole place looked half abandoned. There was not a front desk attendant, so I couldn't have complained even if I wanted to. I would NEVER stay there again nor would I ever recommend anyone stays there. YUCK!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jenny E
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The motel is currently under new management. They did very good there. The staff is very kind and helpful. They have a ice machine and washer and dryer. The pool is under construction it will start very soon. It was over all a good stay. I will return. The room is big and clean. There is a grocery store and restaurant near by

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The outside of the hotel use to look good. Now it looks horrible. manager wasn't nice. won't go there again.. wouldn't tell my friends or family stay there. there's no breakfast, no pool like it says.

• Stayed: July 2013
#1 of 4 in Dodgeville
10 mi away
Super 8 Verona/Madison
Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites

Been to Karakahl Country Inn? Share your experiences!