“Love the design!”

Karakahl Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mount Horeb
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have been visiting Mt.Horeb for years. Our family originated out there. We always stay at the Karakahl. I always loved the building for the design(frank Lloyd wright) built the building. It is definatly a unique experience. With the new owners,they have started doing renovations to the building. Has defiantly improved within the last couple years. Love the big indoor pool. The owners were very nice & pretty much catered to our needs. Still had own privacy. With the reasonable pricing I will continue to stay the every time I travel to the area. Love the Karakahl. Have so many memories there & would love for my children to have the same experience I had for so many years! Keep up the good work Karakahl owners!! Thanks for the stay.Kristen

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Room was very clean and bathroom was super clean. I highly recommend Karkahl Country Inn. It was very good experience. There is a Walgreen right next to the hotrl and mc Donald's which is a big plus. Our family had a great time at Karkahl hotel and kids loved the indoor pool.

Room Tip: All top floor rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is very welcoming to its guests. It is not some cookie cutter hotel. It has a lot of character. I had a dream about a year ago about this hotel and I never stepped foot in it until now. I feel like it did not exist before I came. I feel like I created this hotel out of my own imagination because it is so unique. When I first saw this hotel, we were on our way to Dodgeville to stay at the Best Western. For some reason my husband wanted to park by the library to get a wi-fi connection so we could check our e-mails. If we had never made that turn and discovered this cool hotel, we would of ended up staying at a $120.00 cookie cutter hotel with no lasting memories. I am sooooooo happy there is some uniqueness left in this country. THANK YOU!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This Inn is is inexpensive, however, it isn't worth the the money. The faucet in the tub/shower ran all the time. I contacted the manager and he couldn't get it shut off either. There are individuals who live there and they party loudly all night-manager does nothing so had to call police. Beds were made but room was not cleaned, sinks and tub were dirty with globs of tooth paste (?) and soap. Unfortunately this is about the only inn in this pretty little town.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank swimgirl451
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The service here is great! The rooms are neatly situated for a perfect stay. There are fun things to do here! There is a 10ft deep pool, and there is a game room to play games. If you have to find a place for you, i'd recommend the karakahl! The staff ensures you to have everything to your liking. Trust me, the karakahl is the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very clean and friendly service big pool low priced no breakfast but food isn't far away nice game room is cool very mysterious atnosphere stayed for a month with no problem whatsoever the manager was very freindly and helpful

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed at the Karakahl Country Inn on 6/21/14.
I had read some pretty poor reviews and was very uneasy about staying here but it was the only one available within a reasonable distance.
While checking in I was informed that it was recently bought and fixed up just a few months ago.
The location of this hotel was very convenient. It is near a few local restaurants along with a gas station. The pool was very large and clean. My room was very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi suite was very nice but kind of bright in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Dodgeville
10 mi away
Super 8 Verona/Madison
Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites

Been to Karakahl Country Inn? Share your experiences!