“Great italian food!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Blue Mounds
“Great italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Excellent spaghetti sauce and cheese bread. Great bar with tons of drink options. Interior could use a serious makeover. Chairs are not comfortable at all but the food is good so we deal with it!

Madison, Wisconsin
“Little Itialian treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Christmas party was last weekend, and it was our first time there. Food was amazing. The chef made a substitue of salmon in a dish normally served with chicken and came out later to check on how it tasted and it was a huge success. My husband LOVED his stuffed personal pizza (that could have fed two easily) and my chicken pesto with asparagas was superb. Waitress was sure to stop often, kept our water caraffe full, and our empty plates were gone as we finished.

• Visited December 2012
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
“Wonderful Gluten-Free Pasta & Pizza Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

WOW! I had enjoyed eating at this restaurant before having to go gluten-free 1 1/2 years ago, but because my experiences with gluten-free pastas that are on the market wasn't great, I had been avoiding Italian food. Recently, my friends and I had dinner @ Sole a Sapori and I bravely decided to try one of their gluten-free linguine dishes. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! I thought I noted a tear in my eye....... The service was great. We were also impressed, that when one of the person's in our party had told our waitress that she had a seafood allergy, she took the initiative to consult the Chef and came back to reassure my friend that all dishes are cooked in individual pans to ensure that no crossover contamination would occur.
Since, I have tried their gluten-free pizza as well. It was great fresh, but warmed up leftovers - not so much. We are so lucky to have an Italian establishment of this caliper so close to home!

• Visited October 2012
Madison, WI
“Lucky for them not all people have the same taste”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

I am baffled at the number of good to very good reviews these folks have gotten - one of the reasons we tried this place. Their service was poor. The woman who appeared to be the manager was down right surly. I had read some other reviews on UrbanSpoon that talked about this woman yelling at waitstaff in front of customers. Thank goodness we were spared that experience. We waited about 40 minutes after getting our drinks for bread to arrive. Then it was dry and no butter or olive oil was available for dipping. Then it was about another 30 or 40 minutes for the food to arrive. The food is way over priced. The salad greens were fresh, and although the salad was dressed as I could smell the vinegar, there was no vinegar or herb flavor. It was like basically eating a pile of plain greens. I ordered the rigatoni mare or some such (rigatoni with seafood). It was a decent sized plate of rigatoni with only four tiny shrimp for $17. A serious rip off. Not to mention the shrimp had an ammonia taste, which means they were on the verge of going bad. I have to say that my friends enjoyed their food more than I did mine. We drove from Madison, talk about creating a larger carbon footprint for nothing. A real disappointment.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank WIsconsinTravelerToo
Madison
“Excellent italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Busy but pleasant outside seating. Great eggplant parmesan and super service. Came with a side of spaghetti.

Visited September 2012