“Meatballs are awesome!”

Dining options: Reservations
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Meatballs are awesome!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We had the meatballs and bread for an app-the best meatballs/marinara ever. Pizza was equally as good. Eclectic with old feel. Newer server who was very nice but needs a little experience. Would definitely go back to try spaghetti/meatballs or the pasta combo!

• Visited June 2013

Verona, Wisconsin, United States
“Best Italian in the Greater Madison area”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

So we've been to Lombardino's downtown (another review of mine, I believe) and to other Italian restaurants (Avanti in Verona, Biaggi's, Olive Garden and of course more) and this was perhaps the best, most authentic Italian I've ever had (and I'm 1/4 Sicilian).

The place is in Mt Horeb, and the room we were in did not have great ambiance; there was no music playing, it was very bright, and the glass tables did not have tableclothes, making our baby jerk every time someone set a glass dish down on a glass tabletop.

But wow, the food...the bruschetta was the best bruschetta I've ever had, bar none. The anise bread adds a little something and the ingredients are clearly fresh. The salad with the homemade dressing was likewise delicious. I ordered the Spedini Sicilione, which I recommend to anyone - it actually comes with a small side of spaghetti itself. My wife had the pasta sampler and ate nearly 2/3 of it, and it was a large portion. And although we did not get drinks, all of this was for less than $50.

We were both delighted to discover such a good Italian restaurant so close to home. We will be going there often. I believe there was also a room that seated about 20 people that could be rented out, which we will consider for special events.

• Visited June 2013
Rothschild WI
“Italian Treat”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Six of us visited this restaurant on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. One had a Calzone, one a Margarita Pizza, another had Shrimp Fettucine and a grandaughter had spaghetti. I had a beef kabob in marinara sauce. All reported their food was very good, but as the sauce was sweeter that most liked (Sicilian vs Italian), we can't rate the meals excellent.
Having said that, when we arrived for our requested reservation, we were seated in the bar area and waited for what seemed an eternity for our drink orders. The unfortunate server was taking phone call reservations, doing cashier duties, mixing drinks, and waiting on her section of tables.
Too much for one person! She kept her wits about her until someone must have called for reinforcements. Our server (Owen) was spot on with his service and all turned out just fine.

• Visited May 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great food, inconsistent service”
Reviewed 30 January 2013

The food here is amazing! I love the pizza and homemade pasta sauce! The rosa sauce is my favorite. They also have the most amazing, fresh, homemade tiramisu. The service, however, is mostly high school staff and can be very inconsistent. I have had to wait awhile on several occassions and my pizza order has been incorrect a few times too. Overall, the warm atmosphere, wine and delicious food is worth it.

Visited December 2012
Blue Mounds
“Great italian food!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Excellent spaghetti sauce and cheese bread. Great bar with tons of drink options. Interior could use a serious makeover. Chairs are not comfortable at all but the food is good so we deal with it!