“Consistantly Comfortable”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mukwonago
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We've stayed at this tucked away hotel for business, on three occasions. Each time the rooms have been clean and well stocked with towels and personal hygeine items, the bed has been reasonably comfortable (there's no place like home) and the personnel have been professional and friendly. This last time, I accidentally left a very expensive pair of gold earrings on the night stand. I called and was immediately informed that they had been found and would be held for me. Honesty land responsibility like this goes a long way for us. We won't be staying anywhere else if we are in reasonable distance of here the next time we travel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed 8 September 2011

I stayed here with friends to attend the Pearl Jam 20 concert at Alpine Valley. We were looking to stay close to the venue since it is a pain to get out of the show and then have to drive a long ways to your hotel. In early August a room with 2 beds came available, but it was listed at $300 and we couldn't cancel (talk about price gouging). We agreed to do it and I thought all would be well (stupid me for not checking trip advisor first!).

The day of our trip I went to print my confirmation and noticed I had received a message a few days earlier that said my reservation had been changed to 1 Queen! I freaked out because I really needed 2 beds and called the hotel to make sure this would not be an issue. The proprietor said I had called on the 13th to make this change and I said, I work, so I most certainly did not. But he stated that we could work it out and would see me when I arrived.

When I went to check in, I confirmed we would be 2 people (they wanted an extra $40 per night to add people!). I have never had to pay for extra people before in my life. Well, when we went to our room, we got "caught" with extra people. The guy wigged out and started talking about all this Fire Code crap (4 people in a 2 bed room does not exceed fire code, and it said online the capacity was 5!). What's interesting is that he had people staying in a conference room in sleeping bags! If that isn't against fire code, I don't know what is!!

The room was very mediocre, which I could have expected, but it smelled really bad. To top it off, there was only a pocket door into the bathroom (something I have never seen before), and the toilet barely flushed. We had to hold the handle down everytime, even just for #1. Beds were pretty crummy, but I brought my own pillow so I suffered through.

The only redeeming thing about this place was the waffle option for breakfast (which I thought FOR SURE would be shut down right at 9 based on the owners attitude), the hot tub (kid free!) and the location (10 miles from venue). Overall it was pretty quiet considering there were concert goers staying there…I was a little freaked out that when we arrived in the morning the back door was locked down and then at 1am when we got back from the show, it was open…Also probably didn’t bode well that the police was cruising the parking lot when we checked in.

As a final note, this place is “losing” it’s Sleep Inn designation in October. One reason for this could be because Choice Hotels no longer wants to be associated with a run down hotel and irritating owners OR it could be because the owner is cheap and doesn’t want to pay Sleep Inn royalties. Either way, I won’t be back and I am writing this review in hopes that others don’t make the same mistake I did.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Annely5
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I expected the experience at the Sleep Inn to be better. We generally found the hosts at the front desk to be warm and welcoming, but the room was among the most mediocre in which I've ever stayed.

When we got to the room, we found the window open. Perhaps no one else finds that odd, but given the concentration so many hotels have on security, I found it strange to find a first-floor window open.

The room was quite clean, although my wife found a spider on the pillow when she turned down the bed.

The room was odd. It was small, which wasn't what I was expecting for a hotel in the middle of the country. Almost all the lighting is fluorescent, so it isn't a very warm feeling room. The bed was weird--it couldn't have been more than two feet off the floor and the mattress was one of thinnest and least comfortable I've slept on. The size of the room, the tiny bed and the bad lighting made me feel like I was crashing in someone's dorm room, which might have been fine had the room been cheap, but we paid more for this room than we paid the next evening for the four-star Hilton in downtown Milwaukee!

The icing on the cake was the next morning, the housekeeper just entered our room without knocking. Luckily we had the chain set, but wouldn't you think the first lesson of housekeeping is to knock first?

I found this an uncomfortable lodging experience, both physically and mentally. I thought I'd find a clean, comfortable, spacious and charming hotel in Mukwanago, but instead it was just a bit unsettling and awkward.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I stayed at the Sleep Inn for a week recently. The hotel and hotel room were clean. The amenities were very good (indoor pool and jacuzzi, continental breakfast, high speed internet, additional restaurants within walking distance, safe in hotel room, iron and ironing board, blow dryer, shampoo, conditioner etc., flat screen tv, good lighting, desk work area). In addition, there was a large assortment of items for a continental breakfast. Water pressure in showers was beyond excellent. The owners and housekeeping were very kind and the customer service was above average - I needed my boarding passes printed the morning I left and they did that for me. If I needed anything extra (towels etc) - no problem. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

I had ants and mildew in my room and when I approached the front desk, the manager said it was because I was a slob and had food all over. The first day we had NO FOOD or DRINKS! Then he continued to say he was in my room and tried to look in the corner where the ants were and couldn't do anything about it because we had a suitcase full of clothes there. So I continued to ask why he was in my room, I had the sign up that said DO NOT DISTURB! I also never told him there was ants, so he was checking for something that was already a problem! But blaming me! He said he got a call to fix the toilet! We never called about the toilet! So he had no reason to be in our room! When I told him we had NO food, he then said it was because we had clothes all over. I said really! You are saying my clothes are that dirty or whatever to cause ants! REALLY! No, nothing I did caused the ants. Our pillows had mildew, luckily we brought our own! The man, instead of apologizing about the situation, he screamed at me and when off about my family and friends! Which we had tons of rooms and were supporting his butt! He should be appreciative, anyways, I called the cops on him!!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not stay here
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank travelforeyes
Reviewed 31 May 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! The management is beyond rude. They do not have enough staff to keep up with the place and this is even from the manager's mouth himself. They do not have enough towels for the rooms and the pool. Most of the rooms had dirty bathrooms. Some of the rooms have ants in them. When we complained, the manager said "You are all filthy pigs, that's why you have ants." He also informed us that he was snooping in our rooms when we were at my brother's wedding. In all, one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Drive the extra few miles to Waukesha or East Troy. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! We had to call the cops in the end!!!!! The police even said that they are called there at least once per week because of the manager.

Room Tip: Stay in East Troy or Waukesha. DO NOT STAY HERE!!
  • Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank meyer54
Reviewed 1 May 2011

This was the most miserable experience at a hotel that we've ever had. The front desk clerk and manager are extremely disrespectful and literally yelled at us, the customer, because our kids wanted to swim and they wanted to charge us extra for this. The room smelled like dirty socks and the bedding was dingy and wrinkled like someone else just used it and it wasn't changed over. There was a leftover pubic hair on the lotion bottle. Believe the other reviews you see here. Boost the American economy and stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lovetravellingus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mukwonago
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in East Troy
Baymont Inn & Suites Waterford/Burlington WI
Comfort Suites Delavan - Lake Geneva Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee SW New Berlin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee-New Berlin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!