“The place to go in Mukwonago”
Review of Fork In The Road

Fork In The Road
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Mukwonago
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The village hang out, where neighbors meet new friends. Casual American cuisine, homemade soups, awesome sandwiches, fish and BBQ.
Eagle WI
“The place to go in Mukwonago”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Have been there before but been a while. We arrived at 6:30 PM on a Thursday, and this place was hopping, but only waited 5 minutes to be seated. There are not many places to choose from in Mukwonago, but this place fills the niche between inexpensive and expensive. They have quite a business here. The food is great. The employees care about giving a good experience. Atmosphere is upbeat. I had the fish tacos. A little bit of Caribbean in SE Wisconsin. They were excellent. My wife had the steak sandwich. Also very good. I am not going to let so much time lapse before my next visit. Well run place.

• Visited July 2014

Eagle, Wisconsin
“Food Aways Good”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The word to use for the product that comes from the kitchen is always consistent. The dishes are eye appealing and very well presented. There is a good selection of items to choose from for all dietary needs, along with nightly specials. The beverage list is moderate, light in wines and IPA beers there is an extensive martini listing.
The service on the other hand is not consistent, on a recent Monday night no one seemed to care or was in charge. A blonde bartender with glasses( she never gave a name) we had to ask for menus, took our order and never checked on us again even with paying the bill. There was a stock boy possible bartender that was more interested in restocking the bar.
As stated food is always consistent but the service is hit and miss, we have had good service but on this evening no one cared, sorry to see when ownership is not in the house.

• Visited July 2014
MrFork, Owner at Fork In The Road, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for letting me know and I will get to the bottom of this today. Our guest should have the same service level each and every time they walk into our operation. We can have the most wonderful food and beverage around but our guess also need the same level of service.
I did talk to the manager that was on that night and explained how unhappy this type of service can be. I will also have a talk with our two bartenders that was on that night, plus inform all of them about appropriate times to restock.

Sorry and Thank You Again,
Dennis Stevens
Peoria, Arizona
“Return since we moved”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We moved away some time ago but during a recent visit, we returned to this fine restaurant. Met friends for dinner. The atmosphere was lively and the staff was outgoing and friendly. Jordan, our server, was patient with us as we renewed our friendships. She had good recommendations and was attentive. The friend chicken was yummy.

• Visited June 2014
MrFork, Owner at Fork In The Road, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi, ghnatstuo my name is Dennis Stevens or Mr. Fork, I just wanted to take a minute of your time and say thank for your review. I really appreciate it, when our guest take the time to write in
TripAdviser about us. Plus, you made one very nice young lady (Jordan) feel very good and very special of which we all think she is.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for making our day.
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“Never Disappointed!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

It truly is a treat whether I eat in our take out. The service is always wonderful. The food is of great quality and menu is thoughtfully prepared- I am always in awe of the value on top of it!!! The owner makes his rounds to check on guests and very personable. I highly recommend- whether business lunch/cocktails, family outing or dining on your own. A great choice and asset to Mukwonago!!!!

• Visited June 2014
MrFork, Owner at Fork In The Road, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you, time and time again. To read that we are an asset to Mukwonago really makes me feel very good. I looked at five different operations when I bought this one and I'm very happy that I did. The village has been very good to me, I have enjoyed my past 12 years here, they have been the most enjoyable part of my 51 plus years in this business.

So thank you for making what I love to do more enjoyable each day that I'm here.

Dennis Stevens
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Delicious Cusine in the Village”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Everything here is delicious, but here are a few of my favorites: Any soup they make - all are homemade and savory, but my favorite is probably their Fall pumpkin soup. Friday Fish Fry - good old Wisconsin tradition. The house salad made with grapes, sugared walnuts and lemon mayo dressing. Parmesan Piccata Crusted Tilapia (and I don't even like fish very much) - this dish is a real treat! The Meatloaf (I know-meatloaf??) YES - its the best!! This place just serves great food. Period.

Visited May 2014
MrFork, Owner at Fork In The Road, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
ajwolf, thank you for taking the time and writing about our menu. It's also nice when I read about the different items our guest try and you have tried a lot of different items, thanks.

Just a FYI - We have started on our next menu changes, that shout be out September/October, we are having a lot of fun just playing with the new ideas.