“Awesome Stop!”

Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The village hang out, where neighbors meet new friends. Casual American cuisine, homemade soups, awesome sandwiches, fish and BBQ.
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Had lunch here and tried their new brisket sandwich. The sandwich itself wasn't bad, I prefer a little more smoke, but it was good. The fries were great as well.

The staff here are second to none! Nearly every person said hello, thank you, and were smiling. It didn't seem forced either, really great. My meal also arrived very quickly so kudos on a great experience.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Been here numerous times food and service is always great. The fried cheese appetizer is the best. The knife and fork club sandwich never disappoints. The last time I was there the French onion soup was missing something and was very bland. The waitress promptly went to the kitchen to try it after I told her and she came back and agreed something was not right and removed it from our bill. It was very nice! Great place.

MrFork, Owner at Fork In The Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Jhall - Thank you for you comments. Always Good is Always Nice To Hear!!!! I'm glad my server took care of you when you onion soup did not come out the way it should have, next time I hope we get it right the first time.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We went to Fork in the Road for dinner on our way back from the Waterford Balloon Festival. We'd been to a few other restaurants nearby, but decided to try something new after reading some recent TA reviews. Going here was a good choice, as we did not feel out of place due to being dressed rather casually. I thought we'd have problems getting in, as it was prime time, 8 pm on a Saturday, but they were able to seat us right away. Our server, Sarah, explained everything, and we ordered drinks while deciding on the meal. I had the prime rib special, and my wife had fish tacos. The prime rib came with a nice salad that had a lemon dressing and candied walnuts. I was concerned it would be overly sweet, but it was nicely balanced and very tasty. My wife substituted a cup of tomato basil soup for her fries, and it was rich and flavorful. The prime rib was a meaty slice, 8 oz, and there was not much waste. I substituted more grilled asparagus for the baked potato. Each one of the three fish tacos featured a nice slab of blackened and spicy fish, not shredded pieces like some places serve. The food came up right on time, and we had a nice meal. We skipped dessert and coffee, so we were done pretty quickly.
The wines by the glass were a little limited, but the choices were nice. I was pleasantly surprised by the Pennywise Pinot Noir. It was a good example of the varietal and went well with the prime rib.
Our bill was quite reasonable for the amount of food that we were served. It's nice to find a place with prices that help you to come back another time.
Overall, this was a nice choice, and I would come back on a future visit to the area. You would not come here for a romantic dinner for two for a special celebration, but it's a nice place for a casual evening meal and some conversation.

MrFork, Owner at Fork In The Road, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

John, thank you for taking the time a sending in your review of our restaurant. It always makes my day when guest take the time a write nice commits like you did. Your comments from the salad to the fish taco's put a smile on my face, so thank you again.

or
Mr. Fork

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My parents live nearby the Fork in the Road and when we treck 1000 miles to visit we always end up in the Fork in the Road. Service is always great, food is always well prepared and the selection is good. Its very simple food done right. Bobby Flay once told me "It's all about the flavor" and the Fork in the Road has plenty of it.

The Mac n' Cheese is hands down best I've ever had and this last time, between the Vodka Battered Cheese Curds and Mother Clucker Sandwich special.......I had trouble leaving because I ate too much!!!! But well worth it!

I love seeing a non-chain restaurant, a privately owned place, so busy because they just do it right!

Absolutely well done!

MrFork, Owner at Fork In The Road, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Eric, thank you, thank you, and thank you for such wonderful words. As you know I have a wonderful staff that makes me look good every day, I'm so grateful they play on my team. I hope you don't mind but I will make a few copies so they can read what you said. They take a lot of pride in what they do and I'm just glad I can take pride in my team as well as my guest.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Have been there before but been a while. We arrived at 6:30 PM on a Thursday, and this place was hopping, but only waited 5 minutes to be seated. There are not many places to choose from in Mukwonago, but this place fills the niche between inexpensive and expensive. They have quite a business here. The food is great. The employees care about giving a good experience. Atmosphere is upbeat. I had the fish tacos. A little bit of Caribbean in SE Wisconsin. They were excellent. My wife had the steak sandwich. Also very good. I am not going to let so much time lapse before my next visit. Well run place.