“Wonderful service, a bit outdated”

Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Neenah
“Wonderful service, a bit outdated”
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in July for four days and had an excellent time. Hotel location is good. It's within walking distance to the town historic area with restaurants and shops and overlooks the water and a small park. The service was impeccable! Our maid even left the kids paper airplanes, candy and little toys (thanks, Sherry). While its not the newest hotel, it was very clean. The pool and hot tub are big and well kept. An especially good place to stay during AirVenture.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Laura D, General Manager at Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
You’ve wonderfully described the atmosphere of our hotel and community. We care a lot about our hotel. The staff & management strive for excellence in not just providing service but a personalized experience for all our guests to make you feel at home. Thank you so much for the thoughtfulness and time to share your comments. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I just needed a few hours of sleep. Unfortunately room was right outside of elevators, but there was other unidentified banging outside the room. The bed was divine...but as I struggled to sleep I noticed how dated the rest of the room was-water damage on the wall and ceiling-I suppose this really does not matter, but the rating of the hotel I believe is a bit stretched. I stayed at a discount through employer-but I still feel that the $90 something was not well spent, I left after less than 4 hours-was offerred a new room to come back to-but really I just wanted my $$ back. I feel duped after reading all of the great reviews-I almost wonder if a discounted room gives you the leftover/undesirable room to leave better open for someone paying full price?

Room Tip: NOT by elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Laura D, General Manager at Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and concerns of noise. I have imagined how I would feel had a similar experience for me or my family; and, I share your immense disappointment. Please accept my sincere apologies for an unpleasant memory and a less-than-satisfactory experience. We recognize the importance of your business to our reputation; and, we are committed to making our guest visits exceptional--anything less is intolerable.
Thank you for sharing your concerns or insights, please know that I will take them seriously and 'to heart'. Lastly I would like the opportunity to make it right. Please contact me directly at any time at 920-725-8441 x 226
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was in town for the Oshkosh Airventure. The hotel has been nicely refreshed and full of eager employees to make you feel comfortable. Check in included a delicious cookie, but the complimentary wine and snacks took precedent. This is a place that you quickly realize everyone cares about your experience. The staff is well trained and proactive in making sure that everything will be wonderful. I will return because of the authentic hospitality that made me feel relaxed and valued.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
I would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience and for helping us make a great hotel, guests love! You’ve wonderfully described the atmosphere of our hotel & staff; we truly have an extraordinary team! Our weely Manager's Receptions is our way to welcome our guests and let you know we appreciate you. I have shared your feedback with our entire team! At the Holiday Inn Neenah Riverwalk it is your stay, your way!
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a sisters trip after Oshkosh hotels being full! We totally enjoyed it and had no complaints (except there was a rowdy wedding going on there, which added some unpleasant situations for us). Our room looked out over the parking area and the beautiful Riverwalk area!
We had the most delicious Friday night fishfry at the restaurant in the hotel!!! We had a great time! We plan on making a special trip back to enjoy the Riverwalk area some more and the cute downtown area!!

• Stayed July 2013
You’ve wonderfully described the atmosphere of our hotel and community. We care a lot about our hotel. Our team strives to provide exceptional customer service, cleanliness, value and a well cared for product. Our excellent location in vibrant & charming historic downtown Neenah provides unique shops, excellent dining choices & many great events throughout the summer with concerts in the park and the wonderful farmers market across the street.
Our Friday Night Fish is very popular with our guests and the community. Remington’s Steak & Seafood provides an excellent cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Thank you so much for the thoughtfulness of your comments; we look forward to your next stay with us!
Alcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting Neenah last week for training with a colleague who lives in Neenah. My company booked my stay at the Holiday Inn Neenah, and I could not have asked for a better property. Everyone that works at this hotel, loves their job and it really shows. I was welcomed very late on arrival at 12:15am by Barbara, who made my check-in seamless. She is a credit to the Holiday Inn, as were all the other staff at the front desk including Brian. Working from 3am in the morning makes for a long day, but everyone there remembered me and always asked if I needed anything. Breakfast is excellent, as are the servers and hostesses. Wi-Fi is free at this hotel, and it makes life so much easier to stay in touch with family, and working. On Mondays and Wednesdays, the manager holds and wine and cheese reception in the lobby for guests. Excellent wines and of course cheese, being the Cheese State Wisconsin, were available from 6pm-8pm. I cannot say enough about this hotel and the town of Neenah, as there was not an unhappy person anywhere. The whole town is very friendly, making Neenah a lovely place to visit, and while you are there - stay at the Holiday Inn. Thank you for my wonderful week's stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
I would like to thank you for sharing your exceptional experience and for helping us make a great hotel, guests love! You’ve wonderfully described the atmosphere of our hotel and community. We strive to create a personalized experience for all our guests by providing genuine service to make you feel at home. I have shared your comments with Barbara, Brian, & the entire staff! . Thank you so much for the thoughtfulness of your comments. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is well maintained and has great staff. I have never had housekeeping set up my in room coffee maker before - what a treat.

There are great dinner Options at Cannova's, and bars to grab a drink within walking distance.

If have stayed here for 15 years on and off, and this hotel is in its best condition. The managers welcome with cheese, wine, and beer every Monday and Wednesday is also a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2013
Laura D, General Manager at Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
We appreciate your loyalty and helping us to make this a great hotel, guests love! We strive to provide exceptional customer service to all guests in all departments of the hotel. Our goal is to make your experience feel like home. I have shared your feedback with our entire team, thank you! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Laura D.
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I had reserved online through holiday inn's website and am eligible and received the federal government rate for active duty military. When I arrived, they attempted to have me sign the hotel agreement with a rate 20.00 more per night for two rooms and 4 nights, which would have been an overcharge of 160.00 for our stay had I not been attentive. The staff was friendly enough and pleasant to deal with, offering us bottled waters and freshly baked cookies. The hotel is an older property but seems well maintained. The pool was great and ope 24 hrs was a bonus! The hot tub was clean spacious although one day we all left after just a bit due to chlorine fumes burning our eyes. My chief complaint is the parking situation, which is small to say the least. and at times there are signs saying only certain event parking is allowed, which is confusing. There were no real wow moments, but we were there for the Rock USA (rip off) music festival, just looking for clean and adequate. The property is located right down town, so it is convenient (walking distance) to several bars and restaurants. There is a restaurant attached so no free breakfast like the Holiday Inn Express brand. On my next trip to this area, I will stay at a different hotel just for a change, but would recommend this hotel to the weary traveler or someone coming to Neenah. Appleton is just north and Oshkosh is just south, both larger and with more options.

Room Tip: The "executive" room we were upgraded to had a microwave, the only difference and not wort...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your feedback is so important to our improvement, and to how we make a great hotel, guests love. We strive to provide exceptional customer service, cleanliness, value and a well cared for product. I have made the system corrections to ensure the wrong price does not display again. We are taking action with our weekend parking signage to prevent an unpleasant experience for future guests. Thank you for sharing your concerns or insights, please know that I will take them seriously and 'to heart'.
Laura D.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Neenah
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Bridgewood Resort Hotel
BEST WESTERN Appleton Inn
#10 of 23 in Appleton
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Appleton-Fox River Mall
Extended Stay America - Appleton - Fox Cities

Been to Riverwalk Hotel Downtown Neenah? Share your experiences!