Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway (M5, J17) Hotel
Travelodge Bristol Cribbs Causeway(Cribbs Causeway)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
Travelodge Bristol Filton Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
US$123
US$114
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
Swan Hotel(Almondsbury)
US$101
TripAdvisor
1,675 results
All reviewsshopping centremeal dealair concar parkshopping tripgood nights sleepfamily roomplenty of parkingthyme restaurantbudget hotelexcellent stayall you can eateasy accessself servicestayed here for one nightexcellent value for moneylong journey
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My own fault, I stayed in the future inn cabot circus on my last shopping trip with the girls, lovely big room, 2 queen size beds, clean, right in the centre of things, almost in the shopping centre. Thought it would be similar here at Premier Inn Cribbs Causeway.... but it is in an industrial park... you must drive everywhere. Maybe the fact I paid £148 for 2 nights, in a noisy (waterpipes) room with a sewage smell in hallway and rock hard trundle bed for my daughter was the problem..if it had been a £29 deal it would have been ok. There was nothing pleasant about it, except the staff who were warm and friendly. I didn't complain however, the staff really are so nice, you wouldnt want to.

Room Tip: maybe ask for a family room, not the double with trundle bed.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Bristol Cribbs Causeway (M5, J17) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards as we endeavour to meet all of our customers needs. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a great basic hotel with one extra benefit, very friendly staff! At the moment it’s the number one hotel in Bristol on trip advisor, but let’s be honest, it’s not the best hotel in Bristol, that honour will belong to one of the hotels in the centre of the city. What it is, is a clean, friendly, well located and at £50 a night, cheap place to spend the night. Our room was clean and fairly big, and despite not being on the car park side of the hotel it was quiet too with no motorway noise to speak of. The restaurant is fine, with basic dishes and decent prices. Make sure you follow the signs for Catbrain Hill as the hotel isn’t signposted off the motorway.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I trust premier inns and this one didn't let us down. It's actually the best in a long time. Used to stay here lots years ago but not been for a few years. We stayed in the new wing that I assume they have just finished building. The opposite (old) side is still a building site but we didn't hear a single sound of the building works from inside even though they were using jack hammers. That says something for modern sound proofing!
The room was close to the average thing you expect with premier inns. I've stayed in a fair few of them over the years. The bathroom and bedroom were bigger than the average room and the bed was definately the largest I have ever seen in a premier inn. It must have been 7 feet wide. My only complaint is for me the bed was too hard but that is personal choice I suppose. Both my kids like firmer beds. Mum agreed that it was a little too hard for her (the single bed she slept on was harder than the main bed I shared with one of the kids) So if you hate firm beds, be warned you will be unhappy. I can live with them.
There was one thing I really didn't like and that was the fact the window did not open. I did find this shocking and it made myself and my mother feel a little uncomfortable. I know the odds are tiny but if they happened to be a fire outside my bedroom door I would like the option of sticking my head out the window and being able to breath and shout thanks! For my own peace of mind I WILL take my window breaking hammer out of the car next time I stay here. I'm amazed modern regulations allow hotels to be built with triple glazed panes of glass and not opening windows. The window is why it gets 4 stars and not 5!
The breakfast at this hotel is full buffet. By that I mean you get the usual continental options laid out that you get in every premier inn (like cereal, fruit drinks etc etc) and you take whatever you want. You also get the rarer full hot breakfast buffet service. So instead of ordering your hot food (like in many prem inns) you just walk up and serve yourself. If you're in a hurry this is fantastic and it's just nicer to see it all anyway. So big thumbs up for the breakfast!
All in all this is our fav prem inn in a long time. Aside of the windows!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mrs R
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Immaculately clean, modern, comfortable, good location, good breakfast. What's not to like? Well, the service. Reception has been replaced by self-check kiosks like at the airport. I love the kiosks at the airport, but hate them in a hotel, especially since they weren't quicker or more efficient. The reduced contact with guests is evident with the service personnel who simply don't know basic communication with the public. It felt like a remedial training center for hotel workers rather than a fully operating hotel. A real shame, because the hotel is otherwise great and in a really good location near the mall with shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The hotel was a building site while we were there. They were doubling the size. In spite of this, the room was very quiet. The room was spotless and the staff helpful. When the heating was turned off due to building, heaters were delivered to every room. The staff in the restaurant were efficient even at breakfast on New Year's Day when the hotel was completely full. The hotel itself is within walking distance of Cribbs Causeway and its many choices of food and entertainment. When the extension is finished, it would be helpful to signpost the turn off on the main road.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family