and 1 more site!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Berlin
Denver, Colorado
“Not Friendly Here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have stayed at this HIX a few times and had meetings here as well. I have a couple of assoicates who also have had meetings here as well. It is close to our offices and the room prices are good, however No more stays or meetings for me here. The front desk staff always seems to be in a very bad mood, never smiles . I have seen the same managers at this property for a while. I think it might be time for a mgt change here. HIX needs to send in a secret shopper to see what is really happening here. If not for the low prices, I am sure this hotel would be very slow.

Room Tip: Dont stay here. Several other hotels very close by
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee-New Berlin, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear Dave F,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

Visiting Milwaukee area for a couple of days, we stayed two nights at the Holiday Inn Express, and were pleasantly surprised! I'm sorry I didn't get the woman at the front desk's name, but she was so welcoming and made us feel right at home, and also presented us with a goody bag with a bottle of water, chex mix, and our choice of candy bar! There were also freshly-baked cookies at the reception desk. We had a suite with two beds, fridge/microwave, and a sofa bed, which was spacious and nicely decorated in a mid-price hotel way. The hotel is clean and well-maintained, and recently renovated, which is something I look for when traveling. I usually book in a Marriott property, but decided to try this property based on reviews and its recent renovation. We were definitely not disappointed, and will consider other Holiday Inn Express properties in the future. We were in Milwaukee to see a Brewers game, and this location, though not exactly in the city of Milwaukee, made for a very convenient trip to Miller Park. We were right off the highway and getting to & from the park was a breeze. The hotel is surrounded by several restaurants and has everything one would need while on a short trip. Complimentary breakfast was very good. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jjhc123
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

About what you'd expect from a HI Express: A very functional hotel that doesn't offer a lot of bells and whistles. Hotel itself is clean and up to date. Rooms are surprisingly spacious. Bed was in good condition. The pool itself is on the smaller side, but was more than adequate for a couple of 5 year-olds to splash around in.
Breakfast was fairly lackluster: pancake machine, yogurts, cereal, eggs, biscuits and such. But let's face it, this is a largely functional breakfast. Something to get you started on your day and considering the room price, it's completely understandable.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Only complaint would be the single elevator that operated rather slowly. If you end up on one of the higher floors, waiting for the elevator in the morning could take several minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kurt B
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I always look for Holiday Inn hotels and have never been disappointed. They always seem to do a great job with making me feel good at picking them. The breakfast was great, hot food and cold. The area was very clean and they never let anything run out.

Room Tip: The more you stay the better rooms you get.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inn Expresses and usually I "stay impressed" (which is the motto on their key cards) but this hotel in New Berlin, WI did not impress me one bit. Keep it short and sweet. We had a training conference in the area and we had close to 30 rooms booked. When I walked in the first day the front desk lady seemed stressed and gave me terrible customer service...not my problem. I woke up three days in a row to a cold shower! Why? Because all of my co-workers were showering at the same time as me, and the hotel doesn't have big enough water heaters...again, not my problem. The last thing is their soft and firm pillows haven't been updated since the 90's! My head went straight to the mattress with the soft pillow, and the "firm" pillow was softer than a soft pillow should be. I told the front desk lady this exact story and she looked at me like she didn't care. It is unfortunate for this hotel because I am in this area a lot for work and am living out of hotels...I will never stay at this hotel again. The best part was the free drinks and popcorn that started at 5:30pm.

Room Tip: Stay at the La Quinta that's right down the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee-New Berlin, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear bigselhorst,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and if our hotel fell below your expectation in many aspects. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Greenwich CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

As other reviewers have stated..very comfortable and accommodating. We arrived early and although neglected to check the early check in box, were given a room immediately and on the first floor. Although the breakfast area was after the time, the woman was most helpful and provided sausages for the biscuits. Rooms are clean and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Peru, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Over all this was a nice hotel. The guest service personel that night was very pleasant and gave me the right directions to where I needed to go that night. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and I have a habit to always inspect the room I'm assign to. This one had a few problems to it. The head board of my bed didn't look like it been dusted for awhile. The mircowave had dust on the top of it. The one thing that bothered me was the mold at the bottom of the shower curtain. Before I checked out I told the Guest Service personel but she didn't to seem to really care. Oh she told me that she would tell housekeeping but by the why she toke it I don't think it got to housekeeping. Other then this the hotel was very nice and the breakfast bar hostess was very nice. Yes i would come back for a second visit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Berlin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee SW New Berlin
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee / Franklin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee-New Berlin? Share your experiences!