“Have to be a local....”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Have to be a local....”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

You must have to be a local to get great service! I was excited to visit this local cafe with my family but when we finally had the chance it was pretty disappointing. The food and prices were ok, the service was less than stellar, unless the waitstaff knew you. We were pretty much ignored while all the "regular" customer were welcomed and chatted up, we pretty much felt like outsiders and were happy to leave after our mediocre meal. Sadly, we won't be back

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank skittles1108

“A local secret”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful, friendly place. Do not expect white linen but do expect good food and exceptional service. It's worth finding if you're in the neighborhood.

Wind Lake, Wisconsin
“Forget the open/close hours on the sign”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We were regulars there until today. We got there at 1:40 and the closed sign was already up. Loni told us to come in but evidently the cooks took issue with it, saying they clean the grille at 1:45, which it was not yet, so my wife came back out and we left. We have been coming there pretty much once a week for years, but this is actually the second time this has happened. For a lot of those years this restaurant was the only good breakfast in the area, but that is no longer true. There are choices now and since they chose themselves over their customers. I now choose some place else to spend my money. As my last name does not start with an O, I can't really tell you what time they close. So beware if you want a meal anywhere near closing time.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank rsajkowski
Wisconsin
“Disappointed, Not For Everyone”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and I always seen quite a few cars here for early dinner and Saturday lunches. We stopped in and was a bit disappointed about the atmosphere, the service and the food. All could use a nice upgrade. They seem to have a nice business so plenty of people must like it. We unfortunately did not.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Hawk42Wisconsin
Muskego, Wisconsin
“Homemade from scratch. Hard to find!!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

They make their menu from scratch the way it's supposed to be. It's all very good and the regular waitresses are great. And you can't beat the prices! Recommend!

• Visited December 2012