“seeing if all was well.....”

Lagniappe Brasserie
Ranked #5 of 61 Restaurants in New Berlin
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I have some dear friends that were coming to town and I wanted something very special. I have lived in New Berlin for 20 years and can you believe I have never been? So we chose this restaurant. It was SOOOO tasty and the atmosphere the best. My only observation is that usually the waitress will come back and check to see if all is well.....that didn't happen and we needed something so had to ask another waitress to bring us what we needed....it worked out fine and I wonder if it was just so busy and we didn't have a reservation? I will definitely come back!

1  Thank Patty S

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Small surroundings and so quaint you will immediately fall in love with this place. The wine list is suberb, the food is OOO-LA-LA. The will cater to gluten free customers without hesitation. The lamb chop is a must. And each diner recieves 'a little something extra' with their meal. An overall truely satisfying evening which gives you inner peace.

1  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Walking into the Lagniappe Brasserie for the first time, I formed a very positive first impression: the restaurant was clean, intimate, and inviting. Each table in the dining room was set with a pristine white table cloth and napkins. We were seated, given menus, and were told the name of our server, who promptly appeared. She (Sally) was knowledgeable about the menu and easily answered our questions.

My husband and I both ordered a Kobe burger with cheese. His burger came with homemade waffle chips, and I had a side of Waldorf salad. We were both very pleased with our selections which were not only delicious but beautifully presented. Our friend ordered the quiche of the day; and she reported that it was tasty, and that the crust was very tender.

You might wonder about the name of the restaurant. A lagniappe (LAN-yep) is a small gift given to a customer by a merchant at the time of purchase—a thirteenth donut in a baker’s dozen, for example. In the case of this restaurant, the lagniappe is a small bite of dessert presented at the end of the meal. We received a small bite of chocolate cake topped with a Nutella spread and a light and fluffy raspberry frosting. It was so good that we asked if it was on the dessert menu; alas, it was not.

Although a menu is posted at the restaurant’s website, menu selections change daily. It is billed as a “French restaurant with a twist,” but don’t be intimidated. It is simply fine dining in New Berlin, Wisconsin, and reasonably priced, at that. Herbs and vegetables are harvested from the restaurant’s own garden.

I am grateful to our friend for suggesting that we meet her for lunch at Lagniappe Brasserie. I could easily return for a special occasion or for another nice lunch with friends, and am looking forward to doing so.

1  Thank Dare2BGroovy
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The place is cute, polite and small. The food is good, not off the wall good, but good. I got a fish soup and it was bland and the fish was not what i ordered. They must have run out, but didn't bother to tell. I like what I've read about the company especially the garden. Wish it was closer to the city and modernized a bit, in terms of decor. French with

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This is our go-to restaurant for a great meal for all occasions. Anniversary, birthdays, kids concerts so the family is all up, you name it. The food is always excellent and the owners are really nice. Fresh, ever changing menu means you may never get the same thing twice.