“Clean, quiet, convenient”
Review of Swiss Aire Motel

Swiss Aire Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Glarus
Swiss Aire Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Glarus
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We have stayed at the Swiss Aire on prior trips to New Glarus. If you're in the area to bike, golf, or go tubing, then we'd recommend staying here. It's very convenient (walking distance) to everything in town. The bike trail is across the road. Two golf courses in the area. Tubing in Albany, WI.

Room Tip: Request room in the front section. We didn't even know there was a back section until our frien...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 February 2011

We stayed at the Swiss Aire while skiing at Tryol Ski area. My husband has stayed here twice before this trip. We had a room with one queen beed. Or room was impecable, new carpet and new paint, good size. Furniture was in very good condition. The beed was very comfortable. There's a coffee maker and coffee in the room as well as coffee in the lobby. The owners were very friendly and the motel is pet friendly. The rate was $60.00 per night, but in the spring thru the fall the rates are much higher as this is a festival town and toiurist destination, you will need reservations at these times. There is a bike and walking trailhead right at the motel. It's less than five minutes to downtown New Glarus and the swiss shops. Even though the motel is set back from highway 69 we didn't here very much highway noise. I have trouble sleeping so this is important to me.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Moony12
Reviewed 27 July 2010

When I checked in, the lady had the personality of a wet noodle. There was a huge cat in the lobby, which wouldn't have bothered me if I had known about the place being pet-friendly ahead of time. (Like when I booked the reservation, I should have been told). The bathroom had hair everywhere! Behind the faucet, in tub, on my sheet..I ended up getting antibacterial wipes from my car and wiped down the toilet! It was very disappointing. And we didn't get to our room until 1am, so there was no way to fix our situation. $100 is waaaay too much to charge for the uncomfortable beds & nasty hair. If you're just looking for a place to sleep because you're too drunk to drive, then this place is for you.

3  Thank midnightdiva
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Everything was just fine here. Had to ride bike or drive to eat supper downtown but Bowling Alley bar was walking distance. Stayed 2 nights and all went well. Interesting little area--well worth investigating.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank treeshaker
Reviewed 29 September 2009

The location of this property is very appealing. It's walking distance to New Glarus and the bike trail. We were there for Oktoberfest, so it was packed! Rooms are a bit outdated, but fairly spacious and they were CLEAN. It is a roadside motel, so with the window open there is some traffic noise. The hotel property has a nice little outdoor seating area, away from the rooms. Price was a little high, but I think that was because of the festival weekend. Owners were polite and pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abc12399
Reviewed 28 September 2009

We were very disappointed with our stay here.
The staff were very disinterested.
The sound of water running in the adjacent rooms was very loud and
the road noise was also loud.
The bed was uncomfortable.
The towels were small, dingy-looking and thin.
In short, too many negatives & few positives.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2009

Room was clean and it had all the basics-including the tiny bar of soap and tiny towels. This is a really old strip style motel that you see along every highway. It was quiet but probably only because no one else was staying there that night. Rooms had been only superficially remodeled a few years ago but I could still see the repairs where someone probably punched a hole in the wall. Old furniture and beds as you might expect. Some other reviews I saw before booking were favorable but my wife and I were really disappointed with this choice. We wished we could have stayed anywhere else. Poor value for the rate that was charged.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb
Hyatt Place Madison/Verona
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison Verona
Boarders Inn & Suites Evansville, WI

Been to Swiss Aire Motel? Share your experiences!