“Pleasanltly Surprised”

New Holstein, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasanltly Surprised”
Reviewed 9 November 2010

For a small town like New Holstein, it is a pleasant surprise to have such a great place to dine. Always enjoy the food and service. I'm surprised to see the negative review of the Altona. The food has always been great every time I've been there. If the food is that bad at any restaurant, the server should be notified immediately (not after you've eaten everything). Another cool thing about the Altona is that if you're not real hungry, you can have a sandwich while sittin at the bar. The variety and quality of food is great. I would recommend stopping.

Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Totally Gross”
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stopped there Saturday night. I've never ever told a server that the food was bad in my life, but when he asked me how was everything, I told him... "it was totally gross" all he did was laugh and took my payment. The boiled shrimp was overcooked and tasted like rubber, the prime rib was tasteless and like leather. The fried shrimp was cooked so much that there wasn't any shrimp in the middle, just dried up nothing. It was absolutely the worst meal I've ever had in my entire life. I talked to a couple of people at work and they all said the same thing... this place is horrible !!!!!

3 Thank Sciron
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Definitely worth stopping”
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Food is great (salad bar is AWESOME!). Chicken is outstanding. Great Friday Night Sea food buffet, and even BETTER Saturday night PRIME RIB Buffet! Service is out of this world. Priced right. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank john-54220

Been to Altona Supper Club? Share your experiences!