“Love The Dirty Turtle!!! So much fun!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dirty Turtle
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in New Lisbon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
Warrens, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love The Dirty Turtle!!! So much fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

Just spent the weekend at Castle Rock Lake and stopping at the Turtle was the highlight of our stay. The food was just what we all wanted. I had the grilled cheese sandwich with chicken and barbque sauce, soooo good. The drinks were very tasty after a hot day on the water, the only problem was there were too many options for drinks and I couldn't try them all. Oh well, guess I'll just have to go back. Fun place, fun bartenders, great place to hang out. Thanks for such a great day Dirty Turtle!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lisa H

Beloit, Wisconsin
“Our new hang out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I don't think this place is for everybody but it is for us. I hate fine dining, I love great food at great prices. This place is unique, don't look for a waiter. On the table you will find, ,a menu, a copied order form and a pen. So we leave a few bucks for a tip. I don't think many people do but I used to be in the business. Fill out what you want, take it to the bar, they give you a number and deliver it to your table. You can sit inside where it can be a bit noisy but the atmosphere is fun. Most of their seating is outside in a screened in patio deck. Outside of that they have picnic tables, a playground for the kiddies (complete with a dirty turtle merry go round and a sanded volley ball court. The view could be better because it is set just behind the boat docks so the lake view is obscured. The food is primarily fun bar food which includes treats such as a foot high tower of onion rings. It is bar food at it's finest. Nothing has disappointed me but the fish fry. But... I have lived in Miami for 30 years so I guess I am spoiled. The wow burger is aptly named. It is a nice juicy patty with some kind of barbeque sauce and grilled onions. When the young man dropped the food off at the table I said wow, just to be funny. He said just wait until you bite into it. After taking the first bite, my involuntary reaction was to say Wow! I am serious, then I said it three more times. I think it is Wednesday night they have get a burger buy one half price. Pitchers of beer are $7, I think it is Friday the pitchers are $5. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Matthew M
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were boating on the Castle Rock Lake this past weekend, and happened to stop @ the Dirty Turtle for some refreshments and ended up staying for dinner. We had the most amazing experience. The service was excellent and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. It was a very
happy/relaxed atmosphere and there were so many fun things for our children to do while waiting for our tasty, reasonably price meal. I would highly recommend visiting the Dirty Turtle soon. Great Place.......

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Murrwdcourt
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A fun place in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We love going to the turtle and have been for years. Its great with younger kids during the day with the outdoor playground. Sometimes they give the kids balloons and suckers or temporary tatoos as well, which they get a kick out of. The location is great, with boat pier parking if you are coming from the lake. The screened in patio is right of the lake and they have outdoor picnic tables and a v-ball court. Its a fun place to go grab some lunch or just hang out for a while. Some of the other reviews dinged the service pretty hard. We have had a few occasions where it took a little while to get our drinks or food, but its always been because the place is absolutely packed. Castle Rock Lake (and all of the bars on it) gets flooded with people on summer weekends, so that's just the way it is everywhere. I have never felt like the service was bad, as long as your expectations are realistic. The staff has always been friendly even when they are really busy. The food is nothing gourmet (its bar food), but always pretty good. Their menu has a pretty wide selection of items, and they specialty drinks are very good. At night its a pretty rocking place. They always have a DJ on the weekend and different party themes going on. Not really our scene anymore, but back when it was we had alot of fun.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jeff_43323
wisconsin
“The ONLY reason I gave this such a high rating of 2 is because of location.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place is always crowded with heavy drinkers. We will often stop to eat here because there is a playground outside for kids, but now that they're getting a little older, we are saying NO MORE! The food is just okay with lots of unhealthy fried stuff. There are a lot of choices, though, but nothing that tastes that great. For the prices, you would expect a little better food. The worst part is how long it will take to get a drink or food. You will wait and wait and wait. EVERY time we have gone here, we have had to wait. One time when I was standing at the bar waiting to order drinks, the couple standing beside me got fed up with waiting and stomped out. I decided that was a good idea and went back to get my husband and kids and their friends and got out of there and left. If you want to get drunk with some rowdy friends, this is the place for you. It has a seedy feel to the place.

• Visited June 2013
GM02959, Owner at Dirty Turtle, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
I am so sorry you didn't enjoy our last visit to the Dirty Turtle. If you would like to call me personally, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the issues you shared.
Sheila