“Cool place but very unorganized.”
Review of Dirty Turtle

Dirty Turtle
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in New Lisbon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
“Cool place but very unorganized.”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for a bite to eat while on a cycle ride. Place was nice and right on the lake. Ordered some beers and food. We got our order and mine was not what I ordered. It happens. Took about another 20-25 minutes for the sandwich to arrive. Everyone was done eating. They had about 3 bartenders working but it still took several minutes to order a drink. They don't come to your table except to being the food. You order off a sheet and hand it to a bartender. Maybe more wait staff and some organization would help. It was kind if busy but not hard to find an open table for four. I'd go back and try it again. Maybe it was an off day.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank finnegan9107

Camp Douglas, Wisconsin
“Awesome Every Time!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Every time I visit the Dirty Turtle we have great food, excellent beverages and a fun time! The Foot of Onion Rings is awesome. I appreciate the diverse menu. This time I had the Melt special. Outstanding. They offer burgers, salads and sandwiches. It's casual dining and you do have to order at the bar but they deliver to your table. Lots of kid friendly things to do too. But use your judgement...this is a BAR and grill. I'd recommend the Dirty Turtle to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jlarson3133
Warrens, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love The Dirty Turtle!!! So much fun!!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Just spent the weekend at Castle Rock Lake and stopping at the Turtle was the highlight of our stay. The food was just what we all wanted. I had the grilled cheese sandwich with chicken and barbque sauce, soooo good. The drinks were very tasty after a hot day on the water, the only problem was there were too many options for drinks and I couldn't try them all. Oh well, guess I'll just have to go back. Fun place, fun bartenders, great place to hang out. Thanks for such a great day Dirty Turtle!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lisa H
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Our new hang out”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I don't think this place is for everybody but it is for us. I hate fine dining, I love great food at great prices. This place is unique, don't look for a waiter. On the table you will find, ,a menu, a copied order form and a pen. So we leave a few bucks for a tip. I don't think many people do but I used to be in the business. Fill out what you want, take it to the bar, they give you a number and deliver it to your table. You can sit inside where it can be a bit noisy but the atmosphere is fun. Most of their seating is outside in a screened in patio deck. Outside of that they have picnic tables, a playground for the kiddies (complete with a dirty turtle merry go round and a sanded volley ball court. The view could be better because it is set just behind the boat docks so the lake view is obscured. The food is primarily fun bar food which includes treats such as a foot high tower of onion rings. It is bar food at it's finest. Nothing has disappointed me but the fish fry. But... I have lived in Miami for 30 years so I guess I am spoiled. The wow burger is aptly named. It is a nice juicy patty with some kind of barbeque sauce and grilled onions. When the young man dropped the food off at the table I said wow, just to be funny. He said just wait until you bite into it. After taking the first bite, my involuntary reaction was to say Wow! I am serious, then I said it three more times. I think it is Wednesday night they have get a burger buy one half price. Pitchers of beer are $7, I think it is Friday the pitchers are $5. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Matthew M
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were boating on the Castle Rock Lake this past weekend, and happened to stop @ the Dirty Turtle for some refreshments and ended up staying for dinner. We had the most amazing experience. The service was excellent and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. It was a very
happy/relaxed atmosphere and there were so many fun things for our children to do while waiting for our tasty, reasonably price meal. I would highly recommend visiting the Dirty Turtle soon. Great Place.......

• Visited July 2013