“It worked for one night”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Lisbon
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Staff is great, but the cleanliness is a bit to be desired. While working at Volk Field we needed a place to stay. The price was right and the staff told us of local places to eat. Some rooms have mini-fridges and microwaves, which was nice. I had 2 beds and one of the blankets under the bedspread had tiny goober finger prints of food/candy? as well as the dresser next to the microwave. Behind the toilet was a bit gross, and the coffee pot was unusable; I do like in-room coffee. I did not attend the breakfast, but was told by others in my group it was ok. I've stayed in a lot of low budget places and cleanliness can make up for worn out or outdated decor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank culiath
nanny4hire, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you and I am wondering how the Front Desk responded to your concerns? If notified of a problem they would send Housekeeping. Or they would offer to move you to another room. If it is an issue the Front Desk feels they can not address, they contact a manager. The staff here is quite receptive to guests' concerns. We have a very good working relationship with our military men and women at Volk Field. We often provide housing for Wisconsin military and soon we hope to provide housing for some of the nations' homeless vets. I regret your stay from Minnesota was not the experience a guest typically has here. Options are always available in the hotel business and I apologize that we were not given the chance to resolve this issue while you were on site. Thank you for your feedback and we will be more diligent in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you are looking for fancy this is not it but clean and nice this is it folks. These folks were great and helpful...You need to stay somewhere this is it...gas station right next door and food. There is alot to do in the area. You are definitely coming into a good community.

Room Tip: We saw deer outside the hotel and it was beautiful so if you love nature and like it quiet you will...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Moderately priced hotel just off the interstate, easy to find and location made it close to everything for us. We'd decided to take a couple days off for snowshoeing and antiquing, so we spent 2 nights here, and we were quite happy. The hotel was clean, and staff was very friendly, and the price was right! Great parks nearby for the snowshoes. Only disappointment was being unable to find the house of the chocolatier south of New Lisbon on our way home. We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Looked neat and tide as we drove up and we found that to carry to the inside. Every area was well lite and very clean. The bed was comfortable. True continental breakfast. Coffee was WEAK, stopped by the convenience store next door and got a great cup of coffee for the road.

The little brown snake that greeted me as we went to check in slithered off after my husband put him outside.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DeedeeMinnesota
Michele F, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I can not imagine that you found a little garden snake inside the hotel! Like all hotels, our facility is treated monthly for pests as a preventative measure. In addition, our staff communicates with each shift to make them aware of any anomaly that might occur in the hotel. We have had no reports of any "unwelcome visitors". Remember, the front desk at any hotel is always your best resource for any concern you might have and here there is always an open door to the manager's office. Please visit us again and enjoy the fall colors. We are in a lovely setting, just off the interstate, and on the grounds you may see cranes walking by or turkeys out for a stroll. Deer are often seen near the woods and birds make their home near us.
When you come again, please stop and talk with Linda, our manager, or myself. The management office is located just inside the double set of doors that you come through as you enter the hotel. Thanks again for the feedback, Michele.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I've past by this motel many times in my travels across Wisconsin but never looked twice. we needed a room for 1 night to save travel time in the morning. it is very clean, friendly, easy to find just off the interstate, large room and best of all a real bargain. I will use this motel again.

Room Tip: We were in a front room and didnot here any traffic noise. the back would be even quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank james c

Thank you for your review and next time be sure to ask for a room that faces the back. It is such a pretty view this time of year with the trees changing colors. Whether it is for a hot breakfast (we do a Continental breakfast at the hotel) or for a hot chocolate you can take an easy stroll in the crisp fall air to the diner that is just across our parking lot. The new Woodside Sports Complex is just a few minutes down the road from us if you want to take in a game. Fall is a beautiful time of year here in the New Lisbon area. Thanks again for writing and do visit us again! Michele.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night (July 6th) as a stop on our vacation. I had 2nd thoughts after reading a couple of the reviews on here. Whatever issues people had, I didn't see any of them. Everything was clean, beds were fine (even though I never sleep well in hotels), showers were nice and hot, pool was nice, and the continental breakfast was good and what you would expect for a continental breakfast. I like the little patio off the pool room as well. Even though the hotel is near the highway, the patio was peaceful. My only complaint the entire time I was there is the of the large family that was in the pool the night we were there. This family (it might have been two families) had about 12 kids ranging from toddlers to teenagers and they most of them seem to have very little respect for anybody else in the pool or hot tub. My kids didn't seem to care much though so I refrained from complaining and did my best to enjoy the water. All-in-all though, if I am every back in the area or passing through and need a place to stay, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank that1guy
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Nothing special. Bring your own soap, shampoo and conditioner. Shower was old and the water never got real warm. New beds and pillows are needed but work for a quick stay. Decor is from the 1980s. Continental breakfast was ok, don't expect much.

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank Leticia-C-SD
Michele F, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thanks for your feedback and I am puzzled about the comment about the toiletries. We certainly provide them at the hotel with our daily housekeeping and guests are always welcome to stop at the front desk and request any extra item they may need. We also keep a supply of pillows nearby that the front desk hands out if a guest requests more pillows. The hotel has an early Continental breakfast plus across our parking lot is MidState Cafe, a diner serving hot breakfast specials all day. Many of our guests tell us they have their coffee, donuts, juice, cereal etc. with us but stop by the diner to check out the daily specials. We hope you do visit with us again and do check with the front desk if you have any concerns during your stay. Thanks, Michele.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Lisbon
#3 of 11 in Tomah
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tomah
Cranberry Country Lodge

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon? Share your experiences!