“One of my favorite places on the lake”
Review of Pine Cove

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pine Cove
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in New Lisbon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 July 2014

After moving to the area three years ago Pine Cove became one of my favorite places on the lake. The first time we went there I told my fiance that it had the feel of a neighborhood place but with the beauty of the lake, music and great patrons and we'd definitely have to go back. The type of bar and grill you can walk into and not feel like you are surrounded by strangers or tourists - even though most of those that visit are not full-time locals. Since then it is our usual stop - afternoons or evenings.

The food is fantastic. Gregg and Karen have created a menu that puts a modern twist to some of the usual bar fare and have created some appetizers and meals that are not found anywhere else on the lake. Their homemade pizzas are fantastic - and I am pizza picky! One of my favorites, often ordered, is the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich on a Tomato Cibatta, loaded with blue cheese. My son loves the build your own burgers and my daughter always orders the Bang Bang Shrimp (also a favorite of mine). Their Nachos are sure to please and will feed a table full - being served mounded high on a large pizza pan.

Their Bloody Mary's and creative cocktails are always to please. Plus Gregg provides many of the Craft Brewery beers in addition to the usual domestic beers.

I want to note that see one of the negative reviews is in, all actuality, not even Pine Cove that was reviewed. Pine Cove has never been South Shore. It is, in fact, across the lake from the establishment that was previously Pine Cove. They do, truly, serve nearly every type of hard liqour you would want from Rail to the high call brands. So, until the reviewer or TripAdvisor correctly moves the review to the establishment where it belongs, disregard her review.

Stop by and say hi to Gregg and Karen the next time you are out and about on Castle Rock Lake.

There are newer reviews for Pine Cove

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

This restaurant and bar sits on Castle Rock Lake. Has great food and a wide variety including some sandwiches served on a pretzel bun. Also runs delicious specials. The fish fry on Fridays is wonderful. Management, servers and bartenders are very friendly and helpful with the menu. A friendly and relaxing place to be. Can also moor your boat right in front. The review above this one is describing the wrong restaurant because Pine Cove has always had alcohol.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We pulled our boat up to eat at the Pine Cove on Castle Rock Lake, and what a disappointment. 1. Waited over an hour for our food.
2. Menu is woefully lacking. Not a vegetable or fruit on this menu. It's now a greasy dive place to eat.
3. The fish on my sandwich was smaller than a deck of cards and not even fully cooked. We could smell my sandwich before it was even placed before me. GROSS! The french fries were awful, soggy lumps. My daughter's ham tasted stale. There were 5 of us, and no one liked their meal.
The manager/owner was very apologetic about our wait and asked if I wanted another drink, making it sound like it was on the house. The bill came and it wasn't on the house. I can't even find anything good to say about this place except the location. Go for a drink, but don't eat there!!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

i am sorry that this first review needs to be so negative, but this is one of the worst time i have ever had. this place used to be south shore and is under new management so my party of 8 4 kids and 4 adults decided to give them a try. well they were out of most things on the menu and no hard alcohol served just beer and wine. we should have left then, it was a thursday night ans we were one of two tables in the place. we ordered and they kept coming out and telling us theyvwere out of that. so we should have left it took two hours to get our food which was 2salads, which came out missing some of the ingrediants..one hot dog, two chicken fingers, a chicjen sandwich and their special burger. so when the food came it came one meal at a time with 5or more mi utes inbetween. we finally asked if we would ever be getting our food since we wanted to eat together not a few at a time. the only good part was the manger said itvwas all free. while we were there two other tables came and walked out. i hope they get their act together or they will fail on the lake.