“Worst hotel room ever!!”

AmeriVu Inn & Suites of New Richmond
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Richmond
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This room had cobwebs and dead spiders on walls and ceilings, puke spots on carpet, old linen and bed and pillows hard. No one at desk couldn't get a roll of toilet paper or towels. NO breakfast or pool due to remodeling but saw no remodeling. Rooms smelled of smoke and owners or night managers live in room. Disgusting!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Janie M
AmeriVuInn, Manager at AmeriVu Inn & Suites of New Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Hello,

I am so sorry about your experience! As of Dec 1st, 2016 AmeriVu Inn & Suites (formerly Riverfront) is under new ownership. We are a local family who has been working very hard to clean and fix it up. We have updated A TON of the bedding, deep cleaned the rooms, have had the carpets cleaned or replaced, continental breakfast 7 days a week and the pool and hot tub are up and running! I hope if you are in the area you stop in and take a look, we would love for you to try us again! Thanks,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Aside from questionable help, the pool, whirlpool and breakfast were "unavailable" during my stay, yet no discount was offered or given upon request; only a handful of very basic cable channels on the old fashioned analog TV, and they say they have internet, but they DON'T! The room smelled like smoke! The blanket on one of our beds was torn up! Putty all over the bathroom floor from someone fixing under the sink! We paid a hefty price for nothing more than a semi-comfortable bed with rock hard pillows. After I told the night "manager" that I expected to speak to the owner in the morning about all the issues, she was nowhere to be found- I suspect cowered in her room until we left. DON'T DO IT!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 741Lynn

Hello,

I am so sorry about your experience. Dec 1st, 2016 AmeriVu Inn & Suites (formerly Riverfront) changed ownership. We are a local family and have been working very hard to make LOTS of changes. We have a great continental breakfast 7 days a week, pool and hot tub are up and running, updated t.v's that work and updated and new bedding. I hope you will try us again, we'd love for you to stop in and say hi!

Thanks,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Rooms outdated, smell like smoke, stained towels, moldy outdoor chairs, nobody at the front desk, pool not running, no breakfast although I wouldn't have eaten it anyway. I was quoted a price and charged more at check-in. Terrible hotel! I wish I had read the reviews before I went!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chrisg49

Hi,

I'm sorry your stay wasn't what it should have been! Dec 1st, 2016 AmeriVu Inn & Suites (formerly Riverfront) changed ownership. We are a local family and have been working very hard to clean, fix and update. Pool and hot tub are up and running and we have a great continental breakfast with waffles, cereal, muffins and more. I hope you will come and check us out again, it's very different than it was before! Thanks,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

stayed here after i was released from the hospital with gall bladder problems. Front desk was nosey rude. The building stunk. Beds were saggy and questionable. Linens were disgusting and not the right size for the bed. Furniture was totally outdated. Long black hair in the ice bucket!!! Breakfast left lots to be desired...food was in tupperware and looked questionable at best. tarps on roof for over a year, the states need to close this hotel DOWN!!! Go to the SUPER 8, it's under new ownership and is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Michelle B
AmeriVuInn, Manager at AmeriVu Inn & Suites of New Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Hello, I am the new manager here at AmeriVu Inn & Suites (formerly Riverfront Inn). My family and I took over the hotel Dec 1st, 2016 and have been working very hard fixing and cleaning the place up! We have updated all the bedding, got rid of all the old furniture and are now starting to paint. The pool and hot tub are up and running and the roof has been all fixed. We really hope you will give us chance and come stay with us again!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

It was terrible, please do not go here the rooms are not clean, the service is rude, the owner is rude, the pool is disgusting and hasn't been cleaned, I am very disgusted and very displeased, I highly recommend other hotel/motel(s) in new richmond

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank smileybrat25

Hi,

I am the new manager at AmeriVu Inn & Suites (formerly Riverfront Inn) and I wanted to let you know about the change of ownership here at the hotel! As of Dec 1st my family and I took over the hotel and we have been working hard cleaning, fixing and updating. We are a local family who have lived in the area for a very long time. I am so sorry your experience wasn't what it should have been, and I promise it wouldn't be like that again. Hopefully you will come back and see for yourself all the work that has been done!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Blue tarps on the roof. No swimming pool! Filthy filthy filthy!!! The "white" plastic chairs on the deck were black with mold. Run, don't walk to any other hotel, or sleep in your car. Oh, did I mention the van out front without a tire or rim on it that has obviously been there for months and months and months!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank B C

Hi,

I am the new manager here at AmeriVu Inn & Suites (Formerly Riverfront Inn) and wanted to let you know about the change of ownership here at the hotel. we are a local family who took over Dec 1st, 2016. The blue tarps are gone (roof is all fixed up now), The pool and hot tub are up and running (we also have a new heater for the pool so the temp is usually about 86) and we work very hard to make sure each room is clean. We have made a lot of changes so we hope you will come back and check us out again!

I am so sorry your experience wasn't what it should have been.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This motel was horrible!! I reserved a room with two queens and got two full size beds. What view of the Willow River? All we saw was unmowed grass and garbage dumpsters. There was never anyone at the desk when I needed help. The liner in the pool is pulling away from the wall. The lawnmower is stored in the pool area. The coffee in the lobby needed refilling but there was no one around to help. The air conditioner in our room was noisy as was the refrigerator. We decided to go out for breakfast since the food they offered was not appealing at all. We will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Anita S
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Richmond
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Richmond
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
Asteria Inn and Suites
Asteria Inn and Suites
#3 of 3 in New Richmond

Been to AmeriVu Inn & Suites of New Richmond? Share your experiences!