“Percheron...a peice of Paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwalk
Percheron Paradise Romantic Hideaway
Holmen, WI
“Percheron...a peice of Paradise”
Reviewed 22 June 2008

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Percheron Paradise located near LaCrosse, Wisconsin. We stayed in the Chalet #3, which is the game chalet. The game chalet had a pool table, dartboard and foosball table in it. This place is WONDERFUL! The owners, Karl and Tracy are two of the nicest people you can meet and they have thought of everything when it comes down to making this place a romantic getaway. Upon arrival you are given a Jeep to get you to your Chalet. The chalets are extremely private and come with all the "extras". From the bottle of sparking cider waiting for us, to the wine glasses we were told to keep, from the plush bathrobes for our use and the beautiful decor this place will always be remembered by us for years to come. It was extremely quiet as it is set in the middle of the woods...very private. If you are looking for a place of relaxation with your loved one for any occasion, check out the Percheron Paradise!

• Liked — Private
  • Disliked — Size of refrigerator
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
wisconsin
Reviewed 3 May 2008

I'm very conservative when handing out the Excellent rating, but this property definately deserved it. My husband booked the Game Room for us @ Percheron Paradise as a surprise birthday get away. I had no idea what I was in store for, he told me he booked a cabin at a state park on the way to Mall of America. He claimed he wasn't sure if there was heat, running water, or indoor plumbing. I was terrified. Don't get me wrong I love to camp, but camping is camping and staying at a hotel or other are not on the same map. It was my birthday weekend and 30 degrees so I was a little nervous. He acted like he was lost on the way there, then turned down a dirt road about a quarter mile long with sheep, goats and cows along side. I noticed a bunch of cars by a barn and a sign says office in front of a house. I had to use the restroom so bad I opted to stay in car. It was pouring down rain and really couldn't tell on the way up the road to the cabin what it was like. The roads were very narrow and winding and the owner even offered my husband to use a jeep. We have a 4x4 truck so it was fine. We pulled into a garage and I walked up the stairs to my surprise I see a HUGE red jacuzzi tub, to my right a pool table and fireplace w/ a chess set in front. This place was amazing. I quickly realized I wasn't in some cabin, but a gorgeous chalet! We had a blast, there was also a fooz ball table in the master suite upstairs w/ your own private balcony. My husband said the pictures don't really do it justice. This was very secluded and immaculent. I hate snow and after our long winter here in WI. I was sick to say I never wanted to see it again. The next day we awoke to a light blanket of snow around the property and it looked all very romantic. (hopefully the last of it though ; ) I usually am very picky about staying places, they never live up to my expectations with being clean. They really out did themselves @ Percheron, because everything was SPOTTLESS! They have a full kitchen and small fridge so we did our grocery shopping before and cooked a nice romantic candlelit dinner with sparkling grape juice they provided. We had strawberries, chocolate and champagne for dessert and relaxed in the jacuzzi with music and the fireplace. You really don't ever want to leave.....but with the price you might have to. They offer several discounts to repeat customers and referrals so you definately have to return. I'm sure this will be our first visit upon many.

On top of everything else provided, I believe they qualify for "GREEN" status if they haven't already. Due to the recycling, smoke free and many other Eco Friendly practices. This place is a must stay, see and come back to!

• Liked — Being Secluded (Not even a phone signal!)
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
LaCrosse, WI
Reviewed 23 April 2008

My husband and I are the parents of 7. We obviously need time to be alone and reconnect. Someplace away from the hustle and bustle of every day life... We chose and continue to visit... Percheron Paradise. No phones, no children, no noise. Percheron Paradise has 4 beautifully unique, handcrafted chalets nestled in the bluffs on Wisconsin. They each differ a little, but the feeling is always the same... just you and your loved one alone in peace and tranquility.
Tracy and Karl hand built each chalet and include every ammenity one could imagine... you really need nothing but food and each other. They offer waterfalls, whirpool tubs, full size and sevice kitchens, beautiful breathtaking views and nature at its best. We have been to 3 of the 4 chalets and are planning our next trip for the summer. We sincerely wish you would try it out for your self... If one more couple could feel like we do after time spent there... the world would be a better place.
Very Sincerely,
Justine and Jeffrey Breckner

• Liked — The surroundings... nature at its best
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Been to Percheron Paradise Romantic Hideaway? Share your experiences!