“Best Weekend Getaway Ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwalk
Percheron Paradise Romantic Hideaway
“Best Weekend Getaway Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Came here to celebrate our 20 year anniversary and just to get away from our regular lives and it was everything we hoped it would be. Peaceful, breautiful and secluded from the rest of the world! Definitely a great place to reconnect with your loved one.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rftstar

Families
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We LOVED are stay here! The owners are lovely people, and the property is all around beautiful! We wish we would've stayed longer than one night! We will most definitely be back to celebrate more up coming events, I highly recommend percheron paradise romantic hideaway to anyone looking for a good time and to make memorable memories with there loved one!! :)

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank JuliaMarieKohn
Percheron_Paradise, Owner at Percheron Paradise Romantic Hideaway, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank You so much for taking the time to write a review about us. It was a pleasure to have such a nice couple come and enjoy what we have built.
Winnebago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We came here for our 5 year anniversary, and will keep coming back!! It was nothing short of amazing! Everything from the owners to the cabin to the scenery! We stayed just 2 nights, but could of stayed much longer! Thank you for such a wonderful experience...see you soon!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank steven r
La Crescent, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Beautiful property with tons of privacy. Comes with a pet lab tour guide and several ammenities that were unexpected. Wish I could give it a perfect 5 star, but almost all of the windows and mirrors were all in need of a cleaning and the fireplace stopped an hour after I started it. I did not bring it to the owners attention that night as it was already 9:00 and we were settled in. Good outweighs the bad enough that we would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa J
Watertown, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

July 4-6th, 2012, It was 100 degrees outside. Our chalet #3 was very cool inside, temp and ambiance. Red,white and blue streamers for our complimentery drink and glasses was a perfect touch! Love the seclusion! We've been married 15 yrs this October. We will be back to check out the other chalets. So at least 3 more times and then some!

Geoff and Patti
Watertown, WI

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank magenta1958
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Not a man of many words, so here it goes. My first night was the first night in 13 years that I didn't think about work. It was probably the best time I have had in 20 years +. I highly recommend this getaway. I will be returning asap...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank chad j
La Crosse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

My BF and I were both over-stressed, over-tired, over-worked and lots of other "overs" and I wanted to surprise him with a quiet, relaxing getaway for his birthday. I searched and found a few B&B’s that looked really nice, but then came upon the website for Percheron Paradise. I thought if the goal was seclusion, then a private chalet would be much better than a room at an Inn filled with other people. I chose Chalet #5 and it was the perfect choice.. on top of a hill and incredibly beautiful and quiet.

The website photos of chalet #5 did not do it justice. Gorgeous woodwork, the layout and ton of windows make it feel both open and cozy-comfortable at the same time.
The floor plan is such that you can go from fireplace to the huge whirlpool to the 2-person shower without missing a beat. We loved the loft and the large windows upstairs. It was amazing to wake up, roll over and just look out the windows at the great sunrise over the meadow. The lighted waterfall behind the whirlpool is just one example of the little touches that make this chalet so amazing. There is a sat-tv and movies, etc but we didn’t turn it on at all during our stay as we appreciated the quiet so much. We did take a walk on the hiking trail at sunset also - beautiful! I could go on and on about the layout and the amenities (you need bring nothing other than food and drink … pans, dishes, silverware, etc are all provided), but I think others have stated these things much better than I can. The only thing I wish we would’ve brought were containers to put our leftovers in.

What amazed us most was how we felt when we were there. We rarely – if ever – are able to take the time to just enjoy each others company. There’s always something that needs to be done, somewhere we have to be, or someone needing attention. To be able to just sit and read together, talk and enjoy each other was a gift and we hadn’t realized how much we’d missed it. I don’t want to get too philosophical, but after 7 years together it’s easy to let life get in the way and forget what drew you together in the first place. Percheron Paradise gave us a chance to do that.

This is not a “cheap” getaway and that may turn some off, but for us it was worth every penny spent. To be in such a beautiful cabin, submersed in total relaxation and surrounded by nothing but the sounds of nature was priceless. Karl and Tracy are great people and have really created something special. We were just 30 minutes from home, but it really did feel like we were a million miles away. The next time we need a quick break from reality, PP will be our first choice. Thank you, Karl and Tracy for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: We stayed in Chalet #5 .. great views, privacy and silence.