“Just an overnight stay”

Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I am rating this hotel "Very Good" based on the value I received for the cost I paid. This is a budget hotel. When you go here remember that. For the class of hotel this is it is a very nice hotel. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. I only needed this for a one night stay for an early departure from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
RRI031, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

momtoo2. Thank you for adding our Red Roof Inn location to your vast review history. We definitely pride ourselves on providing the most clean and comfortable stay possible at the most affordable price. As I mentioned to a guest just this morning, we haven't lost sight of what's important to our guests. Not every stay requires an olympic size swimming pool for an extra $100 a night. And we will continue to focus our efforts on providing the quality comforts that our guests have come to enjoy.
Have a great day. And we'll see you again soon.
~ John

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed at the red roof for summer fest. The front desk staff Bert did an exceptional job making sure my stay was very comfortable! I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Milwaukee area. Other staff members Christa and manager John made me feel at home.

Thanks again guys!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you, akingced. I'm happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations at our hotel. Christa, Bert, and I, along with the rest of the team - Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Maintenance - all take pride in providing outstanding one-on-one customer service. I've presented my expectations to the team in a way that allows them to make the right decision in the moment, rather than waiting for approval. This empowerment allows them the opportunity to engage and interact with each guest comfortably and genuinely, and promotes an inviting hotel guest experience.
Thank you so much, and we'll see you soon!
~ John

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I prepaid my hotel on a different website ensuring I could check in at anytime. Upon checking in. At 8:30pm, I was told that if I had been any later my room would have been sold and there was no refund. What type of policy is that? The clerk stated walk in consumers need a room too. I asked for the GM's name and will ask him to explain the policy. As far as the room goes, it was remodeled but the paint job was very poorly done with streaks of different paint, and a dirty ceiling. I also dound a bug in bed after I pulled the bedspread down. DISGUSTING! NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Ask for a king superior room, great space for work.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for chatting with me the other day at such length. It was great to speak with you directly. I’m sure you would agree that we both benefitted from the information shared. As we discussed, the miscommunication with the “different website” reservations has been corrected with this new front desk employee. All guaranteed, pre-paid reservations are just that: guaranteed. I would also like to thank you for clearly explaining what type of bug you found. As we discussed, this is a very common, non-threatening insect that typically stays outdoors. We have thoroughly inspected and proactively treated for any other traces, which we were not able to find. And we have already started repainting the wall and ceiling that you pointed out, which will bring this room back to our standards. As I mentioned, individuals like you allow the hotel industry to continue to improve their processes and quality for each and every guest. Thank you for reaching out to me. And I hope to see you again during your future travels in the Milwaukee area. Take care. ~John

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Got to my room and it was missing the bathroom Shower curtain. I called the front desk and talked to Bert Howard the hotel manager. I offered to put up a shower curtain if he had one. He insisted in moving me to another room. Then he came to my room with a key to the new room, and he personally helped me move my items to the room down the hall. He went above and beyond in making sure my stay was an excellent, and it was.

Room Tip: The Superior King Room is worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Lovely Staff: Christa, John, Danny, and Sheryl assisted me and my family with courteous services outside of their responsibilites. For example, taking twenty minutes out to help us find and locate directions to and from places. Also, notified us of extended stay benefits. Finally, we created a new family with the lovely services through association while they were not busy with other patrons. Great Fun!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Since this is the third time I have reviewed this property I think it is fair to say that I stay there fairly frequently. I love this spot for a budget priced stay when I am in Milwaukee and need to be near the airport.

The first thing that you will notice is that there are always very nice people working at the front desk. They are always friendly, engaging and eager to please. I tend to linger a few extra minutes checking in just to chat. And since I do stay there quite a bit I know which area of the property and in some cases exactly the room I want. They are always willing to accommodate.

I like that the rooms have a nice modern safe, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. At least they do in the king deluxe rooms.

Rooms are clean and have never had an issue with them not being properly made up.

My only complaint this time was that the wi-fi was choppy, difficult to connect to and extremely slow. Which likely was just due to the number of guests using it but it was a little frustrating.

Stay there and enjoy it. Know going in that it is not the Four Seasons. But it is very good at what it is and that is a budget level hotel. Clean, comfortable, not a lot of frills and a great location if you need to be near the airport.

Room Tip: Get the upgraded king deluxe room for a couple of extra dollars and ask for a room upstairs in the r...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I greatly appreciated the price of $39.99 per evening for a two bed room (although not necessary as I was a single). I found that price on Expedia and somehow accidentally booked online for one night when I truly needed two nights. In person, I entered the hotel looking to book for a second evening. I was expecting helpful customer assistance (seeing as there was an award on the wall for "Best Customer Service") I instead got a woman who was abrupt, unfriendly and impolite. As I was checking in, not once did she say "please" or "thank you" in fact, she scolded me (rather than politely informing me when it was unnecessary) about Red Roof and Expedia being separate bookings and there "wasn't a thing she could do about Expedia", I never asked by the way. And then she extended her hand and demanded "I need your drivers license" no please or anything. She was rude. Windows on the first floor face the parking lot so, I kept mine shut cause who wants people peeking in. The washcloth was dirty, the air conditioner worked but was LOUD, their internet service was choppy, and the maid attempted to peek into my room first thing in the morning in spite of my "Privacy" sign hooked on the door. Not the best experience, livable but, I won't be returning. Ever.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Value Inn Motel
#8 of 8 in Oak Creek
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Milwaukee Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!