“WOW!!”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Chicago
“WOW!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

They have just done a complete upgrade of the entire hotel and I must admit I was very pleased. The rooms were completely redone and very nice. Our only issue was my sister and I needed 4 towels and only 2 were included so she had to look for housekeeping and there was a bit of a language issue but the problem was resolved. We went for the Wisconsin State Fair and the bus shuttle to the fair is only a stop light away, could even walk if you wanted to. I know we will be staying here next year again!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynn71092
Candiceviola, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Lynn71092,
We are excited to hear that you had a Enjoyable stay at our hotel and hope you had an amazing time at the State Fair. I would like to Thank you for taking the time to share your review at our hotel. We hope to see you again next year, and will be happy to make any reservations needed for future dates.

Candice Bergemann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This could be the best Red Roof Inn I have ever visited. Clean, quiet and comfortable rooms together with friendly and open staff! The night before we spent at the Red Roof Inn, Lansing Illinois and I would not recommend that experience! I was about to give up on the chain when we arrived ... I'm glad I didn't!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JGH3RD,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad that you had a wonderful time at our property and would be happy to give you a list of The Red Roof Inn's that have been updated also for any future stays whether it is here or any other location. Please feel free to contact me for any of the information.

New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was here for business and the location is just a ride on bus 19 to downtown. from there you can get anywhere by transferring to another bus and getting food to eat. I never like taking the taxi system so public transportation is huge for me. the hotel was clean and accommodating. I find the staff not very engaging but housekeeping was very nice. management was sincere as I had an issue and he fixed it. not a good area for eats. im afraid you have to eat at mickey d's. they have salads don't worry and its affordable.

Room Tip: take the bus to Walmart and get stuff to eat. or go to the other hotel to eat. I never ate at the ot...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Aretha F,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Milwaukee Airport Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Red Roof Inn - Milwaukee Airport
Chicago
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My fiancé and I were supposed to be booked in a superior king room, but did not get a fridge or microwave as described on the web site. We left at midnight after killing some flying ants and earwigs... The thought of waking up to bed bug bites, or worse, prompted us to hit the road early. The property is in disrepair - we noticed a seat from a car laying in the grass, and the people hanging around the parking lot seemed shady. There was also a musty odor even with the AC on, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling corners, threadbare towels, and wads of hair on the floor. Thankfully, the staff was friendly and the night desk clerk relayed that our card had not yet been charged, so she just checked us out. I am hoping to not see any mysterious Red Roof Inn charges pop up in the next few days as we didn't even use the room. You get what you pay for!

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank baciobella
Dear baciobella,
I am sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with our stay at our hotel. Unfortuantly being an exterior property leaving your door open throughout the day will bring misquitios and flying insects in the room as was done in this case. I can assure you that we are 100% bed bug free. I would be happy to discuss your stay further, Please feel free to call me.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for reunion of friends. The Hotel was quiet and clean when we checked in but the air conditioner was way too noisy

No housekeeping was done at all while we were there for 2 nights.

However the front desk staff was extremely nice and gave us extra when requested, and a 15% off coupon to apologize.

Probably would not stay here again mainly because in this area I need to be closer to Illinois.

Good coffee at front desk.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Joe32348682,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologive for issues that you had with the stayover service, and hope that you will give us another chance to recitfy the concerns that you had. I would love to talk further about your stay if you would like to call me at anytime.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here from Thursday to Sunday. The room was fine, adequate. I like that the floors have been redone to not be completely carpeted. It was pretty dirty, however. The floor around and underneath the bed needed a good vacuuming. The dead bolt on the door didn't work, so it took some ingenuity to figure out how to close the door from the outside.

We had read reports of bed bugs here, so we checked the room thoroughly. We didn't see any, and didn't wake with bites. That was nice.

The hotel grounds were a bit rough too. There were random mattresses leaning against an outside wall, were there the entire weekend. Random office chairs and other debris in a corridor, clearly visible to guests. Just makes you wonder.

It was super cheap, and good enough for what we required. I wouldn't stay here if I wanted somewhere to relax. It just made me feel dirty.

• Stayed June 2014
Candiceviola, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Beckerzann1605,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are currently in the phase of remodeling our exterior of the property, which includes painting the exterior of the property, landscaping, and repaving the parking lot. I am happy to see you are enjoying the new floors in the room. We hope to be complete with the whole remodel soon and hope that you choose to stay after all is done.

Minnesota City, Minnesota
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My son and I stayed Thurs, Fri, and Sat nights. Check in was quick, one of the few pluses about this motel. We were given a room on the 2nd floor and had to lug our heavy suitcases up two outdoor stages of stairs--no elevator. The room had a funny odor (not cigarettes but kind of stale). There was no microwave, no refrigerator, the TV didn't work the first night (they said it was because it was satellite) so we were unable to watch the weather forecast for a day spent in an open stadium the next day. There was no coffee maker, no hair dryer, no iron or ironing board, not even a box of facial tissues!! I went to the office and asked about a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker and was told we'd have to upgrade to a King room which had only one bed, to have those things--not possible for my 33 yr old son and me!! I've never stayed in a comparable motel without these things standard in the room. I was handed a tiny one cup coffeemaker with a stack of styrofoam cups to catch the coffee in!
To say the least, our stay here was VERY disappointing. I recommend anyone booking a room here go and examine it before agreeing to stay, and make sure it has the standard amenities most people expect.

Room Tip: Go look the room over before agreeing to stay!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Katie M,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that your your stay was less then satisfactory. Unfortunately are rooms do not have a refrigerator and microwave, but we do have a microwave at the lobby and coffeemakers, blow dryers and irons available at the front desk. We hope that you choose us again for your future reservation needs.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
Clarion Hotel Airport
Clarion Hotel Airport
#42 of 56 in Milwaukee
Hyatt Place Milwaukee Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!