“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Lansing, MI
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I was in Milwaukee for a few days on business. Check in easy, room clean and nice. The rooms are efficiency type for extended stay. You can cook a bit in the rooms (no oven, just microwave, stove, fridge and a full dish washer). All appliances in working order. At least two of each type of dish/plate. Work our room small but nice. I didn't use the BBQ area, but that was nice too. I loved the recliner. No breakfast at Candlewood Suites. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Greetings roadtripper10!

Thank you for taking the time recently to provide us feedback for your recent stay with us while on business in Milwaukee! We are glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and found us to be clean, quiet, and well suited to your needs! I apologize that you did not get to experience the many great breakfast items we have available in our Candlewood Cupboard. We are continually reviewing ways to keep improving this amenity. We also hope that during your next trip with us you can enjoy our outdoor grills! Thanks again and see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Quincy, Illinois
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I usually avoid staying at "extended stay" hotels because I enjoy little things like free breakfast. Our airplane had mechanical issues and we were forced into staying the night in Milwaukee on a night where most hotels were sold out. The Candlewood is an average extended stay hotel, it has nice "suite" rooms - no frills. I stayed in a two double bed room, it had a nice leather chair, single bed side table, and a 27' LCD tv. I always like when hotels provide a channel listing sheet , which they did. The work space desk was small but adequate, the kitchenette was quite small for the hotel type but again adequate. I only dealt with the hotel staff during check-in and they were very pleasant. The room was clean. Unfortunately I had a "heavy footed person" in the room above me that walked with booming steps until late in the night, ther than that it was a quiet night. The room was a bit too expensive for what it provides at $105.00, I would expect to pay around $70-$85 dollars for this room. I was quite happy to spin a wheel at check-in for (priority club members ) where I won 1000 bonus points for my stay! In conclusion, I am a 70-80 room a year traveler, I have relaxed standards an use avereage as simply avererage (clean, hospitable, adequate) and typically choose Holday Inn Expess when available, this hotel is fine if it is the only thing available or if you were doing an extended stay. If I were traveling here again I would stay at the Holiday Inn Express, but would have no problem staying here if it was substantially cheaper or the only room available.

Room Tip: Room 202 is a two-double bed room the Airconditioner has a wall mounted thermostat and runs very qui...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Aaron B, Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear CorpPilotJay,

Thank you for your recent response and submission regarding our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and "homely" feeling of our hotel. I do apologize that you had some noise above you, next time we will be sure to put you on the 3rd floor. We hope that you will consider us for your next visit to Milwaukee and I am confident that I will be able to offer you a more competitive rate! Thank you again for choosing the Candlewood Suites and we hope to see you again down the road!

Aaron
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed for one night due to transiting from across the state (from Prairie du Chein, WI) and having a morning flight out of Milwaukee. The room was very clean, just like our experience in September. The beds were comfortable again. Everything was very acceptable and we would definitely stay there again when traveling to visit family and friends dispersed across the state...

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Greetings Doug!

Thank you for your return visit to our hotel and your kind response! We always appreciate guests who are looking for a short overnight and the convenience of the airport. We are working diligently to continue to provide safe, clean, comfortable and friendly accommodations for our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us in 2013 and please reach out to me personally if there is anything further that I can do!

Regards,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed for one night due to transiting from the Wisconsin Dells area and having a 5:28 AM flight out. We didn't check in until about 8:00 pm and had no trouble. The room was very clean and much better than what we read in some of the reviews. The beds were comfortable and the room was bigger than I expected. Everything was very acceptable (really can't fully judge, given we arrived at 8 PM and checked out at 3 AM the following morning) and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Greetings Doug!

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport and taking the time out of your schedule to drop a note. We are delighted that you found the room clean and spacious! We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and guest service. I am also glad that you found our shuttle service helpful to you as well. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Milwaukee Airport area!

Regards,
Aaron Brown
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed for one night after a full day at the Irish Fest and everything was great! We didn't check in until about 10:00 pm and had no trouble. The room was very clean and much better than I expected. The beds were comfortable and the room was bigger than I expected. My only complaint is that I reserved two identical rooms at the same time and they were a floor apart and I expected them to be next together. Everything was great I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HelloCrazy
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. I apologize that we missed the mark when it comes to room placement; we as a team have talked about ways to avoid separating families. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you in the future!
greenville, SC
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Check in was a breeze. Lindsay, I believe was the front desk gal and very polite and professional with each encounter over our week's stay. High speed internet was fast in the room. Used the printer downstairs and front desk rep. was helpful to my husband getting us printed tickets off stubhub for a brewers game. Only hiccup of the trip was the ants in our room after the 3 night. Not a big deal. They offered to move us but it wasn't crawling on our bed or anything. I had them vacuum our room and we did laundry because our used clothes were on the floor with some ants. I guess they come up from the stairs area where all the trash cans are? When I stay there again in the future, I may just ask for a higher level and more in the middle of the building. Beds were comfortable. We liked the fact they had DVD player in room but ours had a weird color showing on the screen. We forgot to tell someone about that...room 206, if management is reading this review. Not a big deal for us, because we played DVD's on our laptop. Housekeeping staff very polite and courteous with every encounter too.

Tips: Remember this hotel has No pool, but as it turned out we were super busy so really didn't even miss it. Bring a fan if you can, helps with drowning out noise in hallways, etc. They have huge microwave and stove top- if driving, bring some things you can warm up easily to keep down dining out costs. They provide 2 dishwasher powders under sink, 1 small bottle of dish soap, dish towel, etc. Nice touch that they have some Tupperware type containers for you to use and water container in refrigerator. Ice maker functional too. Subway across the street on corner, Branded steer on other corner for dining options. Otherwise take a left on college and go up to 27th street--tons of dining options up that way in either direction. If you are staying for awhile, ask them to vacuum your room every couple days so you don't get any ants. We had a 5 year old, so it's easy to have crumbs all over the floor. Bring your own pillow too. Check out the cupboard for any essentials needed, I was surprised the prices were reasonable. You either pay with cash or they will charge your credit card--slip you fill out on the honor system. Also, if you are a light sleeper, I'd pick the 3rd floor. We had this guy above us for a few days that paced back and forth starting at 6:30am.

Room Tip: If traveling as a family, ask in advance for a one bedroom suite. Pick 3rd floor if a light sleeper...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank moresunplease5
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Thank you for your review of our property! We are happy to hear about your stay. Also, Thank you for all the great suggestions and tips about the property, it will certainly be helpful to our future guests. I would like to apologize about the ants discovered in your room. This issue has been resolved; our engineer has installed better seals on all the doors. Our engineer has also fixed the TV also. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to providing excellent guest service in the future!
Calumet City, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Have you ever had ants crawling all over your hotel bed? I have, at the Candlewood Suites.
Have you ever had cookie/bread crumbs on the floor of a hotel hallway for a week, clearly visable to everyone who passes excluding hotel staff (I assume this is the case as the crumbs layed there for a week). I have, at the Candlewood Suites. Have you ever walked into a hotel room only to find that the room contains opened food items on the counter and in the fridge left there by prior guest? I have, at the Candlewood Suites. Have you ever had to request a different room due to a bad smell lingering in the room you were assigned. I have, at the Candlewood Suites.
As a direct billed guest who's employer has spent thousands of dollars over the last 14-15 months on my stay, one would assume that the Hotel's management and staff would make sure they would do everything possible to make my stay pleasant. That did'nt seem to be the case with Candlewood. The last straw was when they screwed up my bill, AGAIN!
I will never be going back to the Candlewood unless I absolutely have to......and I don't see that happening any time soon. By the way, if you do decide to go to the Candlewood Suites and can get the 3rd shift desk attendance to smile, congrats.......he does not seem to care.....sad.

Room Tip: Stay away from hotel alltogether!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mmarin72
Monica H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
We are very sorry to hear of the several disappointments you had as a frequent guest of ours! I can assure you we will be working to correct all areas of concern: housekeeping, friendly front desk service and billing accuracy through continued training and accountability of the staff. We do appreciate you staying with us and your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
MainStay Suites Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Hampton Inn Milwaukee Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek? Share your experiences!