“Very nice place to stay, with Southern-like hospitality.”

Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I came to the Milwaukee area for work and my job requires me to work on night shift, so I have to sleep during the day. The rooms are very well insulated so its pretty quiet during the day, and the staff was very courteous in coming to clean my room late in the afternoon allowing me to sleep during the day. The general manager (Aaron) is a very polite gentlemen and was very helpful in getting me a room. By the way Milwaukee is a very underrated town, lots to do in the summer time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Hi Again William F!

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay with us for several weeks this past summer. We are glad that we were able to accommodate your needs. We pride ourselves on being flexible to service all of our guests, especially those that work overnight! We look forward to your return visit and will definitely assist you in securing a room again! See you next year!

Aaron B.
GM

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We hadn't been to this Candlewood Suite. It is relatively new and there is some issue with doors sticking on the rooms. But we found no problems, the staff was great and we both got a wonderful nights sleep. The pillows and bed are so comfortable! Easy to get to and we will be back!

Room Tip: WE stayed on the 3rd floor with people on both sides and were never bothered by noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings jv50!

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us this summer! We appreciate that you took some extra time to say hello again. We are glad that you fully enjoyed your stay, especially our comfortable sheets and pillows! We hope that you come back next summer to experience our brand new bedding package, which will make them more enjoyable! See you then!

Aaron B.
GM

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We came into the Milwaukee area for a business conference and after shopping around, decided to stay at the Candlewood Suites. I'm so glad we did! The staff was wonderful, completely courteous at all times, and the lobby area was pristine. We rented three movies (for free) from the front desk one night to watch and were blown away by the fact that they had a full book to browse from, rather than having to just read the titles from the bookcase. The only problem that we'd had was that the shower head would squeal if the setting was turned off of 'pulse.' We let the maintenance person know (who was absolutely wonderful and great to talk to) and received a note letting us know that it needed a new part which they had ordered. The hot water was more than adequate and the little bit of time it took to rinse because we couldn't turn it off pulse (well we could but the sound was pretty bad) wasn't anything more than a tiny inconvenience. We are already planning on staying here again next year!

(NOTE: There is no pool or restaurant in the actual hotel. There's no way to put N/A so I left them as a full 5 as to not bring down the total score of this wonderful hotel!)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear newdaydawning,

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at the Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed some of the great complimentary amenities we offer, like renting DVD's! These are always a hit with our guests. We pride ourselves on our staff's ability to enhance the guest experience and we appreciate you mentioning that they were helpful and courteous! We do apologize for the squeaky shower head and will have that fixed, but can assure you that your group will enjoy a similar experience when you stay next, minus the shower issues. We look forward to welcoming you back with open arms next year!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for business, and it needs a little help. First for the good - the staff was friendly, the cookies were a nice touch, the room was nice and the beds were perfect. However, like one other recent reviewer said, hot water was an issue. We were told that it was either the hot water heater or the pipes and that there was nothing that could be done until after 8am. That was too late for us... we had to be at work. The next problem was the internet - wow, was that ever frustrating. And I'm not saying it was slow loading videos - it would time out while loading the Yelp home page. Seriously frustrating. Hotels that don't take internet access seriously are going to lose business travelers in a hurry. And finally, the people above us were awful neighbors. It sounded like a construction zone all night long. What could possibly be going on? I haven't a clue. The front desk asked them to keep it down, which would happen for a while, but then start back up again. We offered to move, but they were sold out and unable to offer us another room. When you're jet-lagged and have to be on your game in the morning, the last thing you want is to stay up all night listening to the Klunks in 302.
I questioned staying here in the first place - not my normal program. I'll listen to my intuition next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Brian H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Let us first apologize for the hot water issues. While I realize it is of no consolation now, we are sorry for this inconvenience and it indeed was an isolated incident. Some times, things are out of our control and we do the best to manage the situation accordingly. I wish that we would have had some rooms to move you to. We also very much take our complimentary internet amenity very seriously, and I apologize for the delays you experienced. We are continually evaluating and looking for ways to improve and increase performance. We sure hope that you will not let this stay affect your view of our brand, as we are a strong brand with great guests and even greater brand support. I would invite you to give us future consideration so that we can better serve your needs and I will personally see to it that you are taken care of here at our Milwaukee Airport property. All the best!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

My family and I were in Milwaukee this past weekend 5/18/2013 for my daughters graduation from Marquette University, The room was very nice, clean, and cozy. We decided to get ourselves cleaned up for the evening to retire for bed. My husband turned on the hot water to take a shower, But to our surprise the water went from lukewarm to ice cold, So went we went to the front desk to let the clerk know and all she said was "really, someone came out today and was supposed to fix that." So we politely went back to our room and went to bed thinking maybe it will be fixed by morning. That morning, we turned on the hot water again and this time the water never even got lukewarm it was just plain old cold!!!! I turned on the heat in the room and we all took cold showers ;(

Room Tip: Call and find out if they have hot water.
Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear talkintam,

We appreciate your time in responding. Let me first apologize for the hot water issues you experienced! Unfortunately, this was an isolated incident and occurred on a sold out night, so we were unable to move you to a different room. I know that is no consolation now, but that would be our protocol if we had the availability. We would certainly like to invite you back to stay with us in the coming months, and I am willing to offer you a discounted rate as a courtesy for your inconvenience. We hope that you otherwise enjoyed your stay, which it appears you liked the room, and I would personally invite you to contact me for your next trip to the area. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Great stay. Upon arrival our room (king bed) wasn't ready for another hour. The staff offered a queen bed plus a discount. It was a welcomed offer because my husband and I had driven a long way; and were ready to lay down. Staff friendly and attentive. Room was fantastic. Smelled fresh, clean, bright. Large window that could be opened for fresh air. Bathroom big with enough space to place items beside the sink. Hooks for clothing inside and outside the bathroom also much appreciated. A quiet fan in the bathroom and a fast flushing toilet. A big closet with lots of hangers with hooks so you didn't have to fumble with trying to hang the hanger back into its hole. The room was well thought out with a large leather recliner, desk and leather desk chair, flat screen TV. The beds, pillows and sheets were very comfortable. And it was quiet. Heard no footsteps up above. No loud tv or snoring next door. No toilet flushing or shower running in the next room. Yes, a return would be definite.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear erameram,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Candlewood Suites! We are so very glad to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and the room setup. I am also glad that our staff was able to accommodate you in a room in a reasonable amount of time so that you could relax. We look forward to your return visit and hope that you will experience the same great guest service! See you soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I found this hotel as part of the Wisco Hotel Group and couldn't have been happier. I needed a park and fly package, and Candlewood was very close to the airport. I arrived very late at night and the shuttles were all filled for the early morning time I needed to leave, so the hotel arranged and paid for a cab to take me to the airport. The room/kitchenette was very nice, and even though I only slept there a handful of hours, I'd definitely stay here again. I was able to get the best rate through the Wisco Hotel Group website.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Aaron B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Hello SeaGreenLove!

Thank you for providing us feedback during your recent stay with us in March! We are glad that you found our services suited your needs and that we were able to get you to the airport on time to catch your flight! We appreciate your continued support of Wisco Hotel Group and we look forward to having you back with the Candlewood Suites during your next visit to our area!