“Nice, New hotel”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Chicago
“Nice, New hotel”
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Some Fairfields can be a little hit or miss but there is nothing wrong with this one since it is new. My first floor room was rather small but I had no other issues with it. The beds are very nice, Fairfields and other Marriots all have very comfortable beds. The breakfast area is very large and has a fireplace. There is a lobby with a few sitting areas and a computer for the guests to use.

The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport. I didn't see this on their website but I found out they do have one. On Christmas morning their shuttle wasn't available so they ordered (and paid) for another shuttle company to pick me up. The airport is about 10 minutes away. Cab fare is about $15 to the airport.

Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
k70341, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2010
Thank you for staying at our NEW Fairfield Inn and Suites at the Milwaukee Airport - I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience on tripadvisor. I apologize for the confusion on the shuttle at the hotel Christmas morning - we did have a staffing issue that we corrected, but I am happy to hear while we had a small issue, we were able to correct it to your satisfaction. We are very excited about our new Fairfield, and the great look of the public spaces and well-appointed guestrooms - I appreciate that you chose the hotel, and I look forward to having you stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
illinois
Reviewed 27 September 2009

This hotel just opened approx. 8 wks ago so it was sparkling clean and fresh. Decorated in contemporary bright colors and well laid out. Check in was friendly and nice breakfast in the morning before we checked out. Didnt have time to make use of all the facilities there(pool,hot tub, small excercise room, free computers to use) but all of those were clean and of high quality. Rooms are comfortable and have everything you need to get by. Coffee maker,fridge,micorwave, plasma TV, work desk,iron,hair dryer,etc .We had a wonderful stay and will be back the next time we are in the area.
Only negative is that if you arrive hungry there is no restarant right there so eat before you check in. Great hotel and staff!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sssIllinois
Thank you for staying at our new Fairfield Inn and Suite at the Milwaukee Airport - I also appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay. Im excited to hear you enjoyed the look and feel of the new hotel, and the guestrooms met your needs for travel. I also appreciate your candid comments about the restaurants in the area - we are currently working with the city, and local development, to bring additional dining options to the area - we also have great relationships with local restaurants that we offer complimentary transportation to and from as a guest of the hotel. I look forward to having you stay with us again.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We stayed 1 night at the Fairfield Inn with a group of friends. When I made the reservation I saw that that hotel was new and my expectations were higher than usual.

The freeway exit that leads to the hotel (College Ave) was closed due to construction, so we had to follow a detour. 13th Street (the street the hotel is located on) was also torn up and was a very bumpy ride.

The Fairfield Inn is located in the same block as other hotels (Holiday Inn, Econo Lodge, Candlewood Suites, etc)… I found it odd to have so many hotels crammed into such a small area.

There was no scenery behind the hotel, except for areas torn up by construction. Our room was on the same side as the lobby, which means our view was of another hotel (Candlewood Suites). We had a king room, which was brightly decorated but small and had a small refrigerator and microwave.

When I tried to dial our companion’s room, my call was directed to another room. I thought I had made a mistake and misdialed, but there was a some kind of wiring issue and I could not call their room.

The next day we tried Fairfield’s complimentary hot breakfast, which consisted of cereal, yogurt, toast, waffles and microwaveable Jimmy Dean sandwiches. I was disappointed to find the milk for my cereal was half frozen.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank oaktoncc
Thank you for staying at our new Fairfield Inn and Suites at the Milwaukee Airport - and thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I do apologize for the road construction you experienced (College Ave) as you approached the hotel. I am happy to report the construction is complete, and access to the hotel is now easier than ever off of I-94. I do apologize for the difficulty during construction however - I also appreciate the comments on the phone and breakfast - we have taken steps to ensure that both issues were corrected right away as a part of opening construction services. Thank you for being one of our first hotel guests at open - I appreciate you choosing the hotel, and look forward to having you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Creek
Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Ctr.
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!