“Only Sushi in Town”

Lotus
Ranked #47 of 79 Restaurants in Oak Creek
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Decided to try Lotus after discovering that it was the only sushi place in Oak Creek. I have to admit that having just moved back to the mid-west from Washington state (where I regularly had the best sushi of my life), I am a bit biased. The staff was pretty friendly, but not overly so. We were the only people in the whole restaurant, so we got all of the attention, which was nice. The gyoza was different then I have ever had it, sort of soft and soggy instead of the usual crispy and fried, but good none the less.

I ordered a couple of rolls, my husband got the general tso chicken. My husband was very happy with his meal and would probably order it again. My sushi was also pretty good, but was WAY too big and loose. Sushi is meant to be eaten in one bite, I had to cut my pieces to eat them and they were rolled very loosely. The rolls they offer are fairly generic/basic, not some of the more "fancy" or contemporary ones I was used to eating in Washington. As far as the taste and the freshness go, I was pleased.

The only thing I was really disappointed with was the price. I thought it was a little steep for what we got. But overall it was a pleasant experience and we will likely be back.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I took my Mom there in early Dec. for her birthday and she just loved it. She had not been there before and she told me she can't wait to go back. My Mom is kinda fussy so I know she would have told me if she didn't like it. She had the wonton soup and shrimp with cashews and raved about both. I had the steamed spring roll which was so good. Also, the chicken low mein which had lots of fresh vegetables was delicious and not covered in a heavy sauce like some places. We also had very good service and can't wait to go back. Give it a try, it's worth it!

1  Thank Itsjustme2u
Reviewed 12 October 2012

My husband and I finally tried Lotus last night, and we left very satisfied. The decor is very simple, but warm; the service was outstanding; and, the food was very good. The vegetables were fresh and crisp and very tasty -- not overcooked. Can't wait to return and try something different.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

The hibachi bar needs some attention. There were a lot of old crusty sauce left every where. It's enough to make you loose your appetite. The food was just so-so but you need to keep your eyes closed. I can't go back to a unsanitary place. Dirty dining! :(

1  Thank Tootsy
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I finally got to eat here today and I must say apart from the seafood that I don't eat this was an excellent meal I loved my bento box and my mom liked her chinese meal

There is a lot of seafood mixed in with our meals but very friendly staff