Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc(Oconomowoc)(Great Value!)
US$110
GardenInn.com
US$99
US$95
Staybridge.com
US$202
US$197
Hotels.com
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield(Delafield)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$113
US$136
Hotels.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield(Delafield)(Great Value!)
US$119
La Quinta
US$146
US$136
US$150
US$137
US$77
All reviewsclub indigolast weekendindoor and outdoor poolsfriday nightkaraokebanquet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2011

There was a lot of activity at the hotel and our hallway was very noisy. Doors slammy, people talking. It was inconsistent so management could not do much about it.

When in the Oconomowoc area, I heartily recommend stopping at the Java Hut for coffee and scones. Excellent coffee and service and one of the friendliest places I have been.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2011

stayed here for a friends wedding. there was a huge block of rooms rented by friends and family and and party room (208) rented for an after party until 3am by the bride and groom. i personally had 2 rooms rented at over $100 each. "bouncer" looking guys patrolled the hallways 24/7 and consistently made us feel like we were doing something wrong, when all we were trying to do was celebrate the marriage of two people we care about.

as if that wasnt enough: our door was knocked on TWICE during our under 24 hour stay and we were accused of "smoking" and advised of a $250 fine, which i agreed to when i signed for the room at check in. I GOT IT!! no need to come to the room i paid for two times reminding me of the fine/suggesting that we were smoking in the rooms when we were not. not one person staying in our room was a smoker and the second lady that came in the morning before check out was a complete nasty "female dog". she told me she was the one who inspects the rooms and that she was going to inspect mine extra hard and if she finds evidence that we smoked ANYTHING we are getting fined. good luck, "FEMALE DOG"!! so now i take it she believes not only were we smoking in the room, but we were smoking some kind of drugs. talk about rude!!
WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. that is what we were...CUSTOMERS. not children in a school yard and not prisoners. i havent felt so "looked after" since i was in high school.
i cancelled all my credit cards since this hotel seemed so animate about wanting to charge me an extra $250 for a stay under 24 hours, for something that wasnt going on in my room. DO. NOT. STAY. HERE. by ANY means. even if your friends are having their wedding after hours there. it is SO not worth it and i can tell by the rating i am not the only one who had a bad experience at this awful prison like hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We've stayed at Olympia many times over the years because they have an outdoor pool area that is nice. Our recent trip makes us wonder if it is even worth it to return again. The best part about the resort is the outdoor pool.

Trouble began the minute we tried to check into the resort. The resort was busy with 4 weddings, so the wait to check in was quite long. After getting our keys, we proceeded to the room, which is at least a 5 minute trek. After getting to our room, we discovered that the room keys did not work. Oh boy....after a long trek back to the front desk we were finally able to get into our room. NOTE: This room key problem occurs frequently with this resort. We stay at other hotels quite often, so I know not to put the keys next to my cell phone or other electronics with batteries. The front desk offered no apologies, and told me to be careful because I had somehow demagnetized the keys. Upon returning to the room, I discovered they had kept my signed folio. I called down to the front desk and was told they didn't have it. I began to get worried as I did not want anyone else charging things to our room. Eventually, they found the folio and sent a desk clerk to deliver it to the room. The keys failed to work again in the afternoon, requiring another trek to the front desk.

Unfortunately, as the hotel was fully booked, we were given a room on the 4th floor. They are converting the 4th floor to apartments, so they only rent out those rooms when they are fully booked. We overheard the front desk clerk talking about this when we checked into the resort. Our room was a big disappointment. Although the rooms are very large, and include a big refrigerator, the decor has not been updated in years. The biggest problem was that the toilet had a bowl full of black mold, requiring another call to the front desk. They sent someone immediately to clean it, but it was disgusting to think about how long it must have been since someone used the room. Later that night, the sheets smelled dusty.

We spent some time at the pool in the afternoon. It was very nice as the pool is large and they have plenty of tables, chairs and loungers. They have a nice outdoor bar and grill with excellent hamburgers. They will take your order and serve you at your table, which is nice. We tipped $7.00 dollars when we ordered and another $5.00 when they refilled our drinks. We tipped generously as we appreciated the nice service. The problem arose when we closed out our tab. The server pointed to a sign and said that we needed to tip 15%. I reminded her that we had already tipped $12.00 for a $29 tab. She argued with me and told me that management would question why I had not included a tip on the tab. I advised her that they could call my room if they had any questions. I was flabbergasted at the audacity of this person. I used to work as a waitress and would have never acted in this way.

Later that same day, we had a group of people in the bar. They had four bartenders serving a relatively small bar area. They were unable to keep up with drink orders even though it wasn't very busy. It was even worse when the wedding receptions let out and the guests streamed into the bar. We had ordered a pizza that never arrived. After an hour, I inquired about the pizza and was told they were busy. I wanted to re-order the pizza and they informed me that they had stopped making them. This made no sense to me as the bar was now very crowded and others were also trying to order pizza. When I closed out the tab, the pizza was charged to the tab. They did remove the charge when I questioned it.

They have a lot of security on premises. I can understand with 4 weddings that it might be needed if lots of people are drinking. I would suggest that they should also focus on the regular staff. The front desk, while pleasant at check-in, seemed non-plussed at the problems we experienced with the room keys, the folio and the moldy toilet. All I would have appreciated was a little more concern about the problems. The server at the pool, while good at bringing the food and drinks, was rude about not having a tip on the bill when we had already tipped $12. The bar just needs to have more experienced bartenders. Four bartenders should have easily have handled the crowds.

Overall, this is large resort with lots of potential. They deperately need to update the rooms, even those not on the 4th floor. For years not, it seems the place has undermanaged. Their staff needs to be coached better on customer service.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank BettyJ
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We spent a week at the Olympia for the Dachshund Club of America dog show. We had a "king suite", with a bedroom with king bed, 2 full baths, and a very large living room with a sleeper sofa, dining table, and wet bar area with microwave, sink and refrigerator. My husband and I stayed in the bedroom and a friend slept on the sofa in the living room. My only complaint about the room is that the mattress on the sleeper sofa was terrible. Since we had dogs in the room, all the furniture was covered with sheets and we put our own sheets on the bed. Sort of weird, but okay.

I wouldn't stay here otherwise but for a dog show, it worked out pretty well.

Room Tip: get a suite -- much nicer than a regular room
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank octeckels
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I only stayed one night and left early in the morning, so did not experience the whole resort setting. My bathroom was dirty, with leftover hairs and dirt in the sink and bathtub. The fixtures were old, the iron and ironing board were old, furniture, carpet, you name it. There was a newish flat-screen TV but I didn't watch it. The bed was comfortable. Being on the first floor there was a lot of noise outside the room in the hallway and outdoors. I suppose if you have a good reason to want to stay here - the resort or spa or location - it's acceptable but I'd look elsewhere if you want clean, modern facilities.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business