“Motel quality”

Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I'm fine if your hotel is outdated I guess,but you have to make up for it in service. Breakfast was mediocre, wait staff seem to be irritated, and not really all that nice. Went to karaoke one of the nights we were there, that was cool until they cut karaoke off without warning. One of our friends name was on the screen to go up next, but the dj ignore it without giving explanation and started just playing dance songs. Wow I thought we were guest. I really wasn't expecting much but man come on with just basic customer service. Doesn't seem they clean the rooms very well, our room was ok but felt a little like your in a motel though. You know it's seems clean enough to sleep but feels cheap and don't really feel too comfortable to take your shirt off in the bed. A couple that's up here with us fouund underwear In there room! If this place had good service I wouldn't mind Overlooking the flaws. Since the staff seems to be here just to man the place it makes it easier to pick apart. My wife and I stayed here 2 nights.

• Stayed: October 2011
There are newer reviews for Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center

Reviewed 15 October 2011

We went to this hotel ( I would not call it a resort) to attend a family wedding. Wedding was being held here, so we just stayed there because of this to make it more convenient. The lobby looks as though it may have been more recently updated. The decor was very nice as you came into the lobby. The rooms, on the other hand, were quite outdated. They may be getting ready to update it, as they were working on the hallway on the first floor, replacing the carpeting with the newer color/design. The room, slightly larger than a regular hotel room, needs to be updated in the TV , the decor, and ESPECIALLY the pillows. (Take your own, these felt like sawdust.) The people working there were very nice, helpful. We DID have a little issue with room service on one of the days, the girl said we were ordering "too late", at 1:23PM, since room service ended at 1:30pm. I told her it was just 1:23, not 1:30, but she said her clock said 1:30. I called front desk to see if anywhere else in hotel had food, as we hadn't eaten yet, and SHE called room service and suddenly we were taken care of. Didn't feel "resort like" , just felt like a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn in the room, nothing special, room-wise.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank loving-bears
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I spent 4 nights here. Very nice location, good conference rooms and hotel rooms, very nice pool indoors and out! I will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed for a conference and while the hotel did have a large conference center, the resort portion of its name was a hard sell for me. I will say that we stayed inbetween the summer and winter season, but everything was closed all day. There was nothing to do but swim in a tiny pool or spend an excessive amount of money on average spa treatments. I couldn't even get anything to eat between 2-5pm. I asked the front desk if they had a shuttle and they said unless you had a reservation with the shuttle there was no one to drive it. I just wanted some coffee and was unfortunatley there without a car and no one was willing to help me.. disappointing for sure.
The rooms were outdated and the hallway was very loud. Pets must be allowed and my neighbor had a dog that barked continually.
The rooms were very expensive and the quality was about the same as a super 8. Mine was pretty clean, but old outdated and the bed was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Goschml
Reviewed 28 September 2011

The guest rooms & spa are not well-maintained. Chipping paint, dirty, rips/tears in furniture, stained comforter on bed. Yuck. Only plus was the massage therapists at the spa did a great job.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed two nights. There was way to much going on. It was loud and the doors slammed so it was loud in the hallway. The parking was awful... they had one whole lot blocked off for a harley event... and there were wedding going on so we had to park so far away it was ridiculous. We had to actually walk through the wedding party to get to our room...we felt stupid. From where you park.... to your room is like a mile. We were dead tired by the time we got to our room. The rooms are older. They were clean... but the bathroom is tiny...hardly move in there. I don't think we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Our view was of the back of a building. It really stunk.... pick a room that has some kind of view...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

There was a lot of activity at the hotel and our hallway was very noisy. Doors slammy, people talking. It was inconsistent so management could not do much about it.

When in the Oconomowoc area, I heartily recommend stopping at the Java Hut for coffee and scones. Excellent coffee and service and one of the friendliest places I have been.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family