“Beautiful setting and courteous staff”

Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Houston, Texas
“Beautiful setting and courteous staff”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Restful setting outside of Milwaukee. The time of year was very pleasant. Everything was green and the resort is also set for winter sledding with a slight mountain and a chair lift. The pool at this resort is also grand and seems to be well maintained for summer visitors. The resort itself is a little dated, but the facilities appear to be clean and inviting. The front desk and lobby area are nice with vaulted ceilings and grand beams. The food services were good for a buffet and cook to order omelet service in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Some of the views are good and some are not so good.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Steven S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed here during a recent family reunion. The website does not not give accurate information regarding use of pools or the work out facility. There is no charge for guests unlike it states on their website and would think that would make some people think twice about staying here if they are interested in using those facilities. The rooms don't appear to upgraded as they advertise either. The queen beds are more like doubles and the pillows are tiny! I don't think they were even a normal twin size? I have had better stays and amenities from hotels of equal or less cost.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank N0nni
Eureka
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This facility is a resort in name only. I stayed at the Olympia as a part of a conference that was being held in the area. I registered as a part of the group which was given a rate which turned out to be higher than the rate that I could have gotten online. When I called to verify my reservation before the conference, I was told that I would be billed at the lesser rate. When I received the bill for my stay, it reflected the higher rate. When I questioned the amount based on the information I was given over the phone, they said that the higher price had been negotiated with the organization to include extras. However, I was not given any details about what the extra amount covered. If it was for the breakfast, then I don't think it was worth the difference in price. I would have been better off to by registering online and finding breakfast elsewhere. In addition, the organization I was with held a banquet on an evening when we were there. There was no structure or direction provided for guests as they began arriving at the banquet, and they were obviously short-handed as the service was very poor. The servers were not friendly, and it was difficult to get a glass of water or a cup of coffee. Our server seemed unsure of the contents of the main meal when an inquiry was made based on an allergy concern. There was no dessert provided as a cost cutting measure, but this was not communicated to the people attending. Many people waited and waited for dessert, and then slowly began to leave when no explanation was given. Also, when I tried to use the exercise room, I was told that it would be closing at 9:00 PM which would be in 10 minutes. This seemed early to me, and I have stayed in other places where I could swipe my room key and use the exercise facilities at any time. My stay was very unsatisfactory in general, and I have now received a voice mail message saying that the Olympia had neglected to include the taxes in the bill which I have already paid. They want to charge me an additional amount for the stay even though they have admitted that it was their error. This will raise the cost of the room even more. I can tell you that I will not stay at the Olympia again, and I will not recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Sarah A
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Sarah A,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your experience with us at Olympia. It is through feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to continuously improve our accommodations. I would first like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the Resort for the less than satisfactory service you have mentioned. I have forwarded your comments to the correct personnel to ensure that they are corrected. Regarding the closing time of the gym, we do still have the area closed at 9:00 PM on the weekdays, however it is open until 10:00 PM on the weekends. The indoor pool is open until midnight daily. Each day, it is our main priority to exceed our guest's expectations, and it is with great regret to hear that we missed the mark during your most recent stay. If you would like to discuss your bill or your stay further, please feel free to contact me directly.

Guest Services Manager

Travellers are raving about these Oconomowoc hotels

Port Washington, Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Where do I begin.

I was at the facility about 2 years ago for a function. And at that time this place was auwful too. But upon booking my reservations for a wedding, I was told that there had been siginifcant remodeling and that the room I was in was newly remodeled. So I figured I would give it a chance. What a mistake. If this is remodeled to you that is embarassing. It was still old, and falling apart, aside from a ineopt paint job

Main problems, cleanliness, ( this was a probelm reported by our group last time). Dirty floors, and towels. Mold and hair around the room and even the bed.

The room was old and falling apart, including everyhting in it, the beds pillows were all old and broken down.

The Plumbing was horrible. no hot water, and the AC unit was noisy and barely worked.

The food was cold and average at best. And the staff, while they tried and were generally pleasent were short handed.

And last but not least, I have been in business for 15+ years, but there is no excuse for a lack of respect. When I see the owners son , ( we met him during our last stay) roll his eyes and look at an employee with absolute disgust after talking, I am genuienly turned off by this place. You never ever! do anything like that in public, if there is an issue take it in private and talk like adults, without the childish garbage. You sir should be embarrassed. Very immature and unprofessional

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Thomas E
Dear Thomas E,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your experience at Olympia Resort. It is through feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to continuously improve our accommodations. I have forwarded your comments to the correct personnel to ensure they are corrected. At this time, we have updated our guest rooms by replacing all beds, linens, carpets, drapes, and also added textured paint & new artwork. Aside from this, there will continue to be several upgrades to our guest rooms in the very near future. Each day, it is our team's mission to exceed each guests expectations, and on behalf of the Resort, I would like to sincerely apologize for having missed the mark during your most recent stay. If you would like to discuss your stay further, or if you would like updates on our renovations process, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

neosho wi
Reviewed 25 June 2013

we were at the hotel for our daughters wedding, alot of family and friends were staying at the hotel as well, we heard lots of complaints about checking in late having to dress in the bathrooms in order to be ready for the ceremony. the cost for the rooms were $99 that was such an attractive rate and it was right on site, which is way so many people took advantage of the resort. i believe they were short staffed which when advertised as an event venue they need to be ready for so many activities, its too bad i don't want that over shadowing the beautiful wedding, just disappointed.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank chapkj
Dear chapkj,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your review of Olympia Resort. I would first like to sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory check in service that your party received. We do have check in guaranteed to our guests at 3:00 PM, however, we always accept early check ins at no additional charge, if there are rooms available at an earlier time. Each day, our team strives to exceed our guests expectations, and on behalf of the Resort, it is with regret to hear about missing the mark during your most recent stay. If you would like to discuss your stay further, or if you find yourself traveling in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Our family vivistied this resort for a family reunion. the check in process was very long and the staff seemed very rude when they were interacting with its customers. Overall a nice resport to bring kids and family. there is the obvious which is the report piece and the idoor outdorr pool. There is also a little playgroun for kds, a sand vollyball court, teatherball- so a little bit for everyone.
I loved the area when you get off the elevatiors they have laundry facilities and a place to get muchies if you get hungry. the prices are reasonable! 9 i believe its was a like 1.25 for a ice cream cone)
RIcks restraunt was very nice. Being in a hoel you would thing expensive but not the case here. the friday dish fry was 12 bucks, the Breakfast buffet was lie 12 bucks but amazing. will be coming back here

Room Tip: 1st floor allows dogs. stay away of you have allergies if not then its a really nice accomodation to...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie C
Dear Julie C,

I am delighted to hear that you found Olympia Resort to be a great fit for your family vacation! One of the amenities that makes Olympia differ from the rest is that there is something here for everyone to do, at little or no additional cost. Regarding your check in process, I would like to apologize for the less than satisfactory service you received at that time. It is our goal to strive to exceed every guest's expectations, from check in to check out and everything in between.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Olympia Resort. Should you find you or your family in need of another get-away in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to set you up with the unmatched guest experience that you deserve!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Long wait to check in, not very friendly staff, poor service in the restaurant, poor air conditioning - very warm, room never was cleaned because they were too busy - gave us fresh towels instead, - lobby and hallways warm.......not a bad price of $99 a night but in our group they had the reservations all goofed up. I would not go back.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Annie S
Sara L, Guest Relations Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear Annie S,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I would first like to sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges which you were faced with while staying as our guest. I can assure you that in no way to we condone a less than perfect guest experience, and I do apologize for having missed the mark this time. I have directed your comments to the correct personnel to ensure that there are no similar challenges in the future. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me, as it is through feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to continuously improve our Resort. Thank you again for your time.

Guest Services & Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#2 of 4 in Delafield
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
Holiday Inn Express Delafield

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!