“Needs updating, very loud”

Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We recently stayed at Olympia for a wedding. The hotel definately needs updating. It just didn't feel clean and had a smokey smell. They also allow pets, and there was a dog barking for nearly an hour outside my room. Walls were so thin that I could hear the guy in the next room peeing. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HNYMOONER28
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear HNYMOONER28,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay at Olympia Resort. It is through feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to improve our guest experiences. I would also like to sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges you have encountered. Each day, our team strives to exceed each guests expectations, and it is with regret that we missed the mark during your most recent stay. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

There are newer reviews for Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful . It has everything- my room was very nice, and I had a outside patio, that included 2 lounge chairs. My view was of their own lake, with a fountain in the middle, lots of trees, sand volley ball court, horseshoes, outside pool with cabana that served drinks and food Huge grass picnic area with tables and barbeques. The facility was was clean although a bit outdated . The weekend convention and wedding activity created a great atmosphere while still being relaxing .

Room Tip: Upper levels are quieter . A balcony really adds to the enjoyment .
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Wayne W,

I would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to review your most recent stay at Olympia Resort! It is always a pleasure to hear the feedback of our valued guests & their getaways. I am delighted to hear that you found the Resort atmosphere to be to your liking, and that you had plenty of activities to do while staying as our guest. If you wish to discuss your stay further, or if you find yourself traveling in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact me regarding another unmatched guest experience.

Guest Services manager

Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was there just this past week for a convention. I had no maid service for four days in the hotel. The hotel staff were rude and it took over 1/2 hours to straighten out questions with my hotel bill. Still not sure if the debits and credits on my charge card ended up double charging me for one or more nights. The Restaurant is woefully understaffed albeit once seated the service and food were good. Also the service in the lounge was good. Hotel also is not handicapped accessible for lower meeting rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MadisonBobber

Dear MadisonBobber,

I would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at Olympia Resort. Also, I would like to apologize for the less than satisfactory services that you have mentioned. Each day, our team strives to exceed our guest's expectations, and it is with regret that we missed the mark during your stay. However, I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience at Rick's Cafe & Club Indigo, with the food and the service. Your comments have all been forwarded to the correct personnel to ensure that they are corrected. Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss your hotel bill or your stay in general further.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was impressed with this hotel! My first stay was not long enough, so Im returning again for 3 days! It has everything- my room was very nice, and I had a outside patio, that included 2 lounge chairs. My view was of their own lake, with a fountian in the middle, lots of trees, sand volley ball court, horseshoes, outside pool with cabana that served drinks and food Huge grass picnic area with tables and barbeques. Inside the hotel is HUGE- inside pool, inside spa that includes 2 jacuzzis( 1 cooler, 1 hotter, sauna room. Also you can get numerous facials and massages( extra charge for those sevices). Also a indoor pool, game rooms and pool tables.2 bars and a restaurant ( very good) inside hotel also.Gift store and clothing store. TOO much to remember- but it was WONDERFUL!! Worth the little extra to a regular hotel.Pets allowed also- only $10 a night!! This place is located with its own private entrance to the hotel- secluded. GREAT for couples and families!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Karyn K,

Thank you kindly for sharing your recent experience at Olympia Resort! I am delighted to hear that you were able to find a getaway filled with great enchantment here, and that you are able to come back again! It is always a pleasure to be able to host accommodations for new and repeat guests, and we are always happy to provide complimentary spa access and excellent serives. If you wish to discuss your previous stay or your upcoming stay(s), please do not hesitate to contact me so that I am able to ensure your unmatched guest experiences during each stay!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Recently stayed here for a wedding and was disappointed with the OUT DATED rooms. the weather was warm and our air conditioner in the room did not work. It was not cool in the room at all. would not recommend this facility.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank gpra1

Dear gpra1,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at the Olympia Resort. I would first like to sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges that you had unfortunately faced during your stay. I can assure you that we do not condone this type of atmosphere for our valued guests. I have forwarded your comments to the correct personnel to ensure that ALL heat & A/C works in each guest room. At this time, we have have been in an updating process which will continue until all of our guest rooms are completely remodeled. At this point, our guest rooms do have new textured paint, carpet, drapes, soft goods, and mattresses. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The building is decaying inside & out. Rather depressing. It could be much cleaner. If pets are allowed & the pet owners don't clean up after them, then the hotel staff should. Disgusting. It doesn't seems to be managed very well. Staff is not knowledgeable. Disappointing.

Room Tip: Beds are comfortable, but rooms need to be updated & walls are crumbling.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Restful setting outside of Milwaukee. The time of year was very pleasant. Everything was green and the resort is also set for winter sledding with a slight mountain and a chair lift. The pool at this resort is also grand and seems to be well maintained for summer visitors. The resort itself is a little dated, but the facilities appear to be clean and inviting. The front desk and lobby area are nice with vaulted ceilings and grand beams. The food services were good for a buffet and cook to order omelet service in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Some of the views are good and some are not so good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business