“Very disappointing ”

Add it.
Sobie's restaurant
Ranked #34 of 88 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After much anticipation of trying this place, we left rather disappointed. To start, the drinks we ordered were very, and I mean very bad. I had a blueberry lemonade and my friend had a mojito. The blueberry lemonade was made without blueberry vodka and the bartender came over with a shot of blueberry vodka to add to it. I felt it should have been made again. The crab cakes were good, but surprised how small they were and there was only two. Both our entrees were enjoyable, but small portions and high price. The biggest complaint I would have is the service. The server wasn’t very polished and she never came to check on our food or drinks. $80 with tip when we shouldn’t have been charged for the drinks. We never drank them beyond a taste which was undrinkable. Once we received the bill we waited 10 minutes for her to take it and give us change. She never came back. We just left out of frustration, and the server received a MUCH larger tip than she deserved. We were there around 6:30 on a Sunday and there was only two other tables being served. No excuse for the poor service. I can’t say that we will be returning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are looking for a better more original menu and a better experience this is the place, otherwise Oconomowoc offers typical brown diner food seen everywhere.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Started at the bar and felt the craft cocktail menu was expansive and tasty sounding. Disappointed in the drinks we ordered and watched the bartender read the directions guide on each of the 3 drinks were ordered. That was a let down. Sat down for dinner and had the blueberry bruschetta appetizer-delicious! After the appetizer the waitress told us we must order as they were running short on menus. Had the beef tenderloin and chicken entrees, good food but the lack of service from the waitress was disappointing. Overall the service needs improvement and a new bartender, a delicious sounding drink menu that fails to serve good drinks is disappointing. Would try again in 6 months with hopes of better service.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

We stopped in for lunch to give this new restaurant a try.
I can guarantee that we will return.

It was hard to choose because everything sounded good. Many of the items very French, just my kind of food.

My friend had a veggie wrap and said it was excellent.
I ordered a steak sandwich and my review is yummmmm! The small, thick filet was cooked a perfect medium rare and had a fantastic roasted red pepper, mushroom, garlic sauce atop a slice of baguette. I haven’t had such wonderful flavors since France,

The frittes along with our sandwiches were thin French perfection. We ordered a side of Gorgonzola dressing to dip them in.

I’m looking forward to returning for dinner along with some wine. I did notice that the steak on the dinner menu was 14 oz...at $28. How about adding an 8 or 10 oz. version of that fabulous small lunch steak sandwich at $19.95. I’ll bet it would be a huge seller.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a ladies night. Had the best, friendly waitress. The blueberry bruschetta was AMAZING. Hummus and homemade bread was decent. I split two entrees - the lump crap salad and the large steak (can’t remember the name). The salad wasn’t worth the price, but the homemade dressing was delicious. The steak was a bit undercooked but also good. I loved the salted caramel cheesecake. I’ll definitely be back