“Nice Sunday brunch”

Ranked #55 of 85 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A New Spin on the Retro Supper Club.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went for Sunday brunch for my mothers birthday. First time we all ate at burke's(6 of us). We all agreed that food and service was very good. Great food,nice views,and nice clean place. My wife and I will be back soon. Good job everyone at burke's lakeside.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Burke's came recommended by a colleague so we decided to try it. Terrible choice. It's simple to keep me happy when I go out to eat. All I want is a good meal and a good server. I've given this place 3 shots and they blew it every single time. (Once we just went for a drink, and it took 30 minutes To get a glass of wine..which was sour). Another time upon entering, we were ignored by the two people at the hostess stand, so we proceeded to the bar for service. The bartender had maybe 5 people at the bar, and acted like we were infringing on her time with the other customers. I was ready to leave at this point, but the rest of my party were hungry and didn't want to find another place to eat. The bartender reluctantly flagged down a manager looking person who then seated us. The place was not busy for dinner (I understand why) but the server was unreasonably slow and inattentive. All staff just seems to be ignorant and careless of the customers. It really turns your experience here bad right from the beginning. The food is mediocre and priced way above value. I wouldn't return here for a free meal, and I tell everyone I know not to waste their money. The only thing I like about Burke's is the building and view. Too bad it can't be run properly.

1  Thank travelr0612
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We were encouraged to give Burke's a try, especially the Tilapia. I was the only one of the four of us who ordered the special, which was Russian Water Trout (never heard of it). My meal was delicious, the Tilapia was so so. Nice view of the water and prompt service. I would go back. Free valet parking.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I've been to Burke's several times. The atmosphere of the place is great and so is the food. That is about all it has going for it though. The owner apparently feels good about his decision to hire kids for servers/hostesses and not train them on customer service. The overall service is painfully slow. On this occasion, the restaurant had 5 tables max. Both our table and the one next to us waited for quite some time for our drinks. There is also a general sense of a lack of urgency by the servers.

Based upon the fact that there are so many coupons and flash sale deals out there for this place, I get the impression that unfortunately their days are numbered. That is very unfortunate as the Lake Country area really needs places like Burke's, albiet with better service.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Burke's Lakeside proved to be a wonderful venue to host our annual get-together of about 50 people. The food tasted great and the portions were huge. The staff, chefs and servers were very friendly, helpful and accomodating. We were set up in the party room and everything looked great. We were lucky enough to enjoy the live band in the evening and have cocktails for the remainder of the evening. I would host another event here again! :)

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant