“Good Service for us, But.....”

The Lakeside Supper Club & Lounge
Ranked #41 of 84 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Pub, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A New Spin on the Retro Supper Club.
Ashippun, Wisconsin
“Good Service for us, But.....”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had the opportunity to spend an evening out with my wife , the day before fathers day. Made a reservation for 6:30 arrived at 6:25 and was seated immediately (although there was a little discussion with the three hostesses) Our server, Courtney promptly came to greet us and ask us for a drink order. When the drinks arrived we ordered the haystack onions as an app, you get a lot and they were good. Server came back and took our order, was always pleasant and smiling. When the server came back with the food,maybe 20 minutes, got the plates correct , brought us more water, The baked potato did not come with butter or sour cream but upon request it was supplied shortly. Always with a smile and pleasant attitude. She seemed to really care that we had a good experience. I ordered the Burkes Filet and wife ordered the Crab Cakes, Both were excellent. When the server brought the bill as I was reviewing it I noticed a , what I thought was a mistake, Nope it was correct, A $1.50 charge for crushed ice in my drink! Seriously???? I dont think that an $8.00 drink, a Jamison, should require a $1.50 charge to put three crushed ice cubes in it. I cant say that I have ever been charged for crushed ice for a drink, I expected the drink to be a little pricey they always seem to be in the restaurants anymore but REALLY? $1.50 for crushed ice? FYI Dont ask for a drink on the rocks, the water glass has ice in it and you can scoop the ice out of it for your drink.

• Visited June 2014
Matt R, General Manager at The Lakeside Supper Club & Lounge, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and even more so that Courtney gave you genuine, caring service.

There does seem to be a miscommunication. "Rocks" does not refer to the ice cubes you're given, it is an upcharge because on a rocks drink you receive more liquor than in a standard pour, thus the upcharge. We do apologize that this didn't get communicated well.

Greg, thanks again for dining with us. We're glad you had an excellent time, hope we cleared up the misunderstanding, and we look forward to seeing you again!

rubicon
“Nice Sunday brunch”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went for Sunday brunch for my mothers birthday. First time we all ate at burke's(6 of us). We all agreed that food and service was very good. Great food,nice views,and nice clean place. My wife and I will be back soon. Good job everyone at burke's lakeside.

• Visited June 2014
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Disappointing from start to finish...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Burke's came recommended by a colleague so we decided to try it. Terrible choice. It's simple to keep me happy when I go out to eat. All I want is a good meal and a good server. I've given this place 3 shots and they blew it every single time. (Once we just went for a drink, and it took 30 minutes To get a glass of wine..which was sour). Another time upon entering, we were ignored by the two people at the hostess stand, so we proceeded to the bar for service. The bartender had maybe 5 people at the bar, and acted like we were infringing on her time with the other customers. I was ready to leave at this point, but the rest of my party were hungry and didn't want to find another place to eat. The bartender reluctantly flagged down a manager looking person who then seated us. The place was not busy for dinner (I understand why) but the server was unreasonably slow and inattentive. All staff just seems to be ignorant and careless of the customers. It really turns your experience here bad right from the beginning. The food is mediocre and priced way above value. I wouldn't return here for a free meal, and I tell everyone I know not to waste their money. The only thing I like about Burke's is the building and view. Too bad it can't be run properly.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank travelr0612
Shorewood, Wisconsin
“Fish Professionals”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We were encouraged to give Burke's a try, especially the Tilapia. I was the only one of the four of us who ordered the special, which was Russian Water Trout (never heard of it). My meal was delicious, the Tilapia was so so. Nice view of the water and prompt service. I would go back. Free valet parking.

Visited May 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Typical Bad Service”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've been to Burke's several times. The atmosphere of the place is great and so is the food. That is about all it has going for it though. The owner apparently feels good about his decision to hire kids for servers/hostesses and not train them on customer service. The overall service is painfully slow. On this occasion, the restaurant had 5 tables max. Both our table and the one next to us waited for quite some time for our drinks. There is also a general sense of a lack of urgency by the servers.

Based upon the fact that there are so many coupons and flash sale deals out there for this place, I get the impression that unfortunately their days are numbered. That is very unfortunate as the Lake Country area really needs places like Burke's, albiet with better service.

Visited April 2014