“Something must have changed.....”

The Lakeside Supper Club & Lounge
Ranked #41 of 84 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Pub, Soups
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A New Spin on the Retro Supper Club.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Something must have changed.....”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Last year I was told of this great "old style" supper club on the lake. Friends and relatives had visted and told me it was great LAST YEAR. So....we needed a new place to try and decided with all the recommendations we would try it. ACK!!
15 minutes for a table
10 minutes for a waiter
10 minutes for water
15 minutes for our drinks
25 minutes for our food
Now this is all consecutive not combined, so it was a VERY long visit. There were obviously tables open all around us, but we got shoved in a corner near the door...with chairs with walkers making sure there was no escape. When we walked in, I swear there was a table with 10 people at it not 10 feet from the front door. That should have said something right there. There was some sort of wedding or something in a back room, where we were first asked to sit. When we asked the hostess about why we were sitting with a wedding party, she responded "Oh its ok...they only rented half the room" ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!? OMG!!! I will NOT crash a strangers party. We asked to be reseated and therefore we found ourselves locked in walker jail.
Although the waiter kept apologizing for the delay in everything....it was clear he was either over utilized for under skilled. Nothing about this visit was good. The food was warm...but that's all. The bread sticks that everyone raved about were HORRIBLE. I tasted one and knew that if I took another bite I would be sick later. I had our waiter take them from the table.
Finally when our food came, my meat was overcooked and my husbands food was luke warm. I want this place to do well....the building is so old style and the location is close, but for the price...I can't go back. I will have to wait another year and see if the reviews are better before I give this place another chance. OWNERS PLEASE NOTE: People really do read and listen to these reviews....you need to do better or the next owner hopefully will. See you next year...maybe.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Cheeseheadonwheels55

Ashippun, Wisconsin
“Good Service for us, But.....”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had the opportunity to spend an evening out with my wife , the day before fathers day. Made a reservation for 6:30 arrived at 6:25 and was seated immediately (although there was a little discussion with the three hostesses) Our server, Courtney promptly came to greet us and ask us for a drink order. When the drinks arrived we ordered the haystack onions as an app, you get a lot and they were good. Server came back and took our order, was always pleasant and smiling. When the server came back with the food,maybe 20 minutes, got the plates correct , brought us more water, The baked potato did not come with butter or sour cream but upon request it was supplied shortly. Always with a smile and pleasant attitude. She seemed to really care that we had a good experience. I ordered the Burkes Filet and wife ordered the Crab Cakes, Both were excellent. When the server brought the bill as I was reviewing it I noticed a , what I thought was a mistake, Nope it was correct, A $1.50 charge for crushed ice in my drink! Seriously???? I dont think that an $8.00 drink, a Jamison, should require a $1.50 charge to put three crushed ice cubes in it. I cant say that I have ever been charged for crushed ice for a drink, I expected the drink to be a little pricey they always seem to be in the restaurants anymore but REALLY? $1.50 for crushed ice? FYI Dont ask for a drink on the rocks, the water glass has ice in it and you can scoop the ice out of it for your drink.

• Visited June 2014
Matt R, General Manager at The Lakeside Supper Club & Lounge, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and even more so that Courtney gave you genuine, caring service.

There does seem to be a miscommunication. "Rocks" does not refer to the ice cubes you're given, it is an upcharge because on a rocks drink you receive more liquor than in a standard pour, thus the upcharge. We do apologize that this didn't get communicated well.

Greg, thanks again for dining with us. We're glad you had an excellent time, hope we cleared up the misunderstanding, and we look forward to seeing you again!
rubicon
“Nice Sunday brunch”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went for Sunday brunch for my mothers birthday. First time we all ate at burke's(6 of us). We all agreed that food and service was very good. Great food,nice views,and nice clean place. My wife and I will be back soon. Good job everyone at burke's lakeside.

• Visited June 2014
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Disappointing from start to finish...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Burke's came recommended by a colleague so we decided to try it. Terrible choice. It's simple to keep me happy when I go out to eat. All I want is a good meal and a good server. I've given this place 3 shots and they blew it every single time. (Once we just went for a drink, and it took 30 minutes To get a glass of wine..which was sour). Another time upon entering, we were ignored by the two people at the hostess stand, so we proceeded to the bar for service. The bartender had maybe 5 people at the bar, and acted like we were infringing on her time with the other customers. I was ready to leave at this point, but the rest of my party were hungry and didn't want to find another place to eat. The bartender reluctantly flagged down a manager looking person who then seated us. The place was not busy for dinner (I understand why) but the server was unreasonably slow and inattentive. All staff just seems to be ignorant and careless of the customers. It really turns your experience here bad right from the beginning. The food is mediocre and priced way above value. I wouldn't return here for a free meal, and I tell everyone I know not to waste their money. The only thing I like about Burke's is the building and view. Too bad it can't be run properly.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank travelr0612
Shorewood, Wisconsin
“Fish Professionals”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We were encouraged to give Burke's a try, especially the Tilapia. I was the only one of the four of us who ordered the special, which was Russian Water Trout (never heard of it). My meal was delicious, the Tilapia was so so. Nice view of the water and prompt service. I would go back. Free valet parking.

Visited May 2014