“Nice View”

Ranked #54 of 85 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A New Spin on the Retro Supper Club.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I had driven past Burke's the previous week on a drive and decided to make the trip there for our date night. We didn't have reservations but were seated immediately. There is indoor or outdoor seating and we chose to eat in. The restaurant is located across from Silver Lake so there are very nice views of the water. Our server was very helpful and answered all of our questions. We both ordered the tenderloin medallions. The dish was very good. We didn't care for the cheesy bread served with dipping oil. The bread was too greasy already to even think of dipping it in oil. The interior where we were seated was pleasant. Meals do not come with soup or salad.

1  Thank 534PatM
There are newer reviews for The Lakeside Supper Club & Lounge

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Wedding party going on made our meal a little loud. Also, the staff seemed preoccupied by something else going on. Food was B-

1  Thank Scooter97
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Last year I was told of this great "old style" supper club on the lake. Friends and relatives had visted and told me it was great LAST YEAR. So....we needed a new place to try and decided with all the recommendations we would try it. ACK!!
15 minutes for a table
10 minutes for a waiter
10 minutes for water
15 minutes for our drinks
25 minutes for our food
Now this is all consecutive not combined, so it was a VERY long visit. There were obviously tables open all around us, but we got shoved in a corner near the door...with chairs with walkers making sure there was no escape. When we walked in, I swear there was a table with 10 people at it not 10 feet from the front door. That should have said something right there. There was some sort of wedding or something in a back room, where we were first asked to sit. When we asked the hostess about why we were sitting with a wedding party, she responded "Oh its ok...they only rented half the room" ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!? OMG!!! I will NOT crash a strangers party. We asked to be reseated and therefore we found ourselves locked in walker jail.
Although the waiter kept apologizing for the delay in everything....it was clear he was either over utilized for under skilled. Nothing about this visit was good. The food was warm...but that's all. The bread sticks that everyone raved about were HORRIBLE. I tasted one and knew that if I took another bite I would be sick later. I had our waiter take them from the table.
Finally when our food came, my meat was overcooked and my husbands food was luke warm. I want this place to do well....the building is so old style and the location is close, but for the price...I can't go back. I will have to wait another year and see if the reviews are better before I give this place another chance. OWNERS PLEASE NOTE: People really do read and listen to these reviews....you need to do better or the next owner hopefully will. See you next year...maybe.

2  Thank Cheeseheadonwheels55
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had the opportunity to spend an evening out with my wife , the day before fathers day. Made a reservation for 6:30 arrived at 6:25 and was seated immediately (although there was a little discussion with the three hostesses) Our server, Courtney promptly came to greet us and ask us for a drink order. When the drinks arrived we ordered the haystack onions as an app, you get a lot and they were good. Server came back and took our order, was always pleasant and smiling. When the server came back with the food,maybe 20 minutes, got the plates correct , brought us more water, The baked potato did not come with butter or sour cream but upon request it was supplied shortly. Always with a smile and pleasant attitude. She seemed to really care that we had a good experience. I ordered the Burkes Filet and wife ordered the Crab Cakes, Both were excellent. When the server brought the bill as I was reviewing it I noticed a , what I thought was a mistake, Nope it was correct, A $1.50 charge for crushed ice in my drink! Seriously???? I dont think that an $8.00 drink, a Jamison, should require a $1.50 charge to put three crushed ice cubes in it. I cant say that I have ever been charged for crushed ice for a drink, I expected the drink to be a little pricey they always seem to be in the restaurants anymore but REALLY? $1.50 for crushed ice? FYI Dont ask for a drink on the rocks, the water glass has ice in it and you can scoop the ice out of it for your drink.

Matt R, General Manager at The Lakeside Supper Club & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and even more so that Courtney gave you genuine, caring service.

There does seem to be a miscommunication. "Rocks" does not refer to the ice cubes you're given, it is an upcharge because on a rocks drink you receive more liquor than in a standard pour, thus the upcharge. We do apologize that this didn't get communicated well.

Greg, thanks again for dining with us. We're glad you had an excellent time, hope we cleared up the misunderstanding, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Went for Sunday brunch for my mothers birthday. First time we all ate at burke's(6 of us). We all agreed that food and service was very good. Great food,nice views,and nice clean place. My wife and I will be back soon. Good job everyone at burke's lakeside.