“One of our favorites...”
Review of Mi Hacienda Real - CLOSED

Mi Hacienda Real
Cuisines: Mexican
Wisconsin, United States
“One of our favorites...”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

it's too bad they are no longer in business. They also had great food and good service. They had an excellent salsa and brought you refills whenever you wanted. I had cheese enchiladas. They gave you plenty of food for the price and everything tasted great. One day we drove into the lot to have lunch and there was a sign on the door stating that they would no longer be open on Mondays...we came back a month later on another day and the same sign was hanging in the window and the place was locked up tighter than a drum. It's too bad.

• Visited August 2013

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Never Disappoints: We Visit Often”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

We tried it. Then brought friends. Then tried it again. Then brought more friends. ......and we just keep going back. Food has Flavor, margaritas are always excellent, the price is good and the service is always friendly and prompt. Yes, we will be back again and again!

Visited July 2013
Slinger, Wisconsin
“Good food at good prices.”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We have been here several times and we have tried various dishes. The chicken fajitas are good as they season their meat and it s tender. They only offer one type of salsa with your complimentary chips which is, to me, mild in spice, as I prefer hot salsa. They are willing to split bills for a large party, which is very nice. This time I ordered chicken tacos and they came tightly wrapped in aluminum foil, not plated. This is a casual dining restaurant, as the dining area is set up similar to a fast food restaurant, with very fun and colorful décor.

• Visited July 2013
Oconomowoc
“I prejudged, and I'm glad I was wrong”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Well, I went into Mi Hacienda Real expecting an average dinner and left with wanting more. From the exterior, I was expecting what used to be a former Burger King restaurant-turned "makeshift" Mexican restaurant as an average Mexian restaurant. I entered into a pleasantly decorated and extremely clean facility that was accented with custom painted chairs and tables.
As we were seated, we were given tortilla chips and salsa to hold us over until our meals came.
I ordered the Steak Jalisco. Tender steak bites, juicy with slightly sautéed onions and mushrooms. Mexican style rice and refried beans had better flavor than I had originally expected.
Overall the meal was delicious...and I was more than stuffed...which I regret, since I was hoping to leave room for interesting dessert choices.
While the waitress was pleasant and always served us with a smile, my only knock was the hostess who seemed crabby.
The price was very reasonable and I highly recommend not prejudging this restaurant like I did.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank D J
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, United States
“best mexican food around”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Their food is fantastic, have not been back to the other place in the town since they opened. Very large menu and everything tast differnent. I have tried something new many time and never did I not like it. Plus they will adjust any meal to the way you like it. Staff is very friendly and personable. Try is you will love it. We go twice a week

• Visited March 2013