“Like an old Wisconsin supperclub”
Review of Butchs Steakhouse

Butchs Steakhouse
Ranked #57 of 87 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Outstanding food....well priced. Shrimp was giant sized and the steak was as good as any in Milwaukee. Gotta love the relish appetizer tray!

1  Thank gjr23

Reviewed 18 September 2013

We visited Butch's again and enjoyed their steaks very much. BUT, if you want fries or hash browns with your steak forget it. Butch's (or their chef) simply refuse to offer these popular potato sides. Instead you can get garlic mashed (a glob on your plate) or baked (not always fresh). This is a big minus for an otherwise very good steakhouse.

1  Thank RonW763
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I thought I would give Butch's a try because I have eaten at the restaurant in Milwaukee,
I ordered the regular 12oz filet for $29 dollars, medium, my date ordered the same.The salads came and so far so good. Then the steaks came, We expected a juicy steak and what we got were tough butterfly cut tenderloin. That alone was a bad sign. The steaks were cheap cuts of meat. The young waitress was clueless. I complained that the steak was not up to par and she just apologized without doing anything for us. We paid and left but I don't think we will return.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Our first visit to Butch's in Oconomowoc and we probably won't return. We have been to Butch's in downtown MKE and enjoyed it. Disappointed in their west location. It started in the bar, when my wine glass had lipstick on it.When I alerted the bartender, he poured the wine into a new glass and topped it off, saying "you get that with automatic machines"... not even an apology! Really??? Dinner service was iffy..there seemed to be some confusion at first as to which server owned our table. Relish, soup, salad and bread were good. The steer filet was very good, but for $40, it ought to be. The normal NY strip was tasteless and kind of dry. The fries (more like thick potato chips) are great! Ordered the "chefs homemade" raspberry crisp for dessert and it was rasberry sauce with a scoop of ice cream...no "crisp in it at all. We sent that back. Overall, I think the place needs a remodel, (get rid of the old flowered wallpaper), more professionally trained staff, and top-notch steaks if it has a chance to make it in Lake Country.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We just visited last night. Arrived at our reserved time, 7 pm, and were seated immediately. The service was average with quite long waits for our wine and food. The three of us all ended up ordering the same thing. The 8 ounce tenderloin with baked potato and salad. Mine done mr and other two medium. I ordered a side of shredded onion rings. The salads were exellent. Fresh, crispy and a healthy serving. When the steaks arrived the presentation was exellent UNTIL we started to eat. All done as ordered but TOUGH as nails. For just under $30 each for 8 ounces of tenderloin we expected much better quality. There are too many good places to eat in Lake country that have better quality food. It will be awhile before we go back.