“Very nice, clean hotel.”

Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Evergreen Park, Illinois, United States
“Very nice, clean hotel.”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Very clean, quick check in/out. Good location. A few other choices in the area but this hotel was the most economical. Nice pool/hot tub. Breakfast was not included which was a bummer. TV system was annoyingly slow and movies were expensive but overall nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Angie K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This hotel is very clean and is a really nice, upscale place to stay. It is always quiet and the staff treats you like a VIP. I love staying here when visiting friends in Oconomowoc. The free "made to order breakfast" (Hilton Honors members) is a nice bonus.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Paul D
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 January 2013

From checkin to breakfast and housekeeping all the staff at this hotel have been incredibly friendly and helpful. While checking in the front desk informed me that I had reserved a room with two queen beds. I was traveling alone and rather prefer the larger king rooms. The front desk clerk graciously upgraded me to a King room free of charge.

Room Tip: Very much enjoyed the Junior Suite
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Pamela F
Winona, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Great location in an older city with lots of choices for food and activities. The staff did a great job in upgrading my wife and I to a suite and comp. breakfast (Hilton Honors member). I will be staying again if back in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Rjwock
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Nice. The hotel staff are some of the best I have experienced in all my travels. Especially the desk staff and housekeeping. Food was great, but could use more sweet pastries for breakfast. The health trend is over and you should offer comfort food.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank billy o
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I've stayed here many times since the property opened and have been pleased with each stay. Much of the staff is the same from when the property opened. They are friendly and professional and seem to remember and acknowledge me when interacting with me.

The property is well kept and always clean. They recently refreshed the lobby and now offer coffee, tea and flavored water at all times. It's nice to be able to have coffee mid-afternoon without having to walk across the street to Starbucks.

My only criticism is that the fitness center and pool close at 10 pm. It'd be nice if they were open 24 hours or at least unti midnight.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank BuckyBadger123
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This was a very interesting experience. First, there is nothing open after 10p in Oconomowoc and this hotel definitely takes advantage of this, to the detriment of travelers. My bags were delayed, and I requested a few toiletries from the front desk. Desk Staff politely told me that I could purchase these items. I was very surprised, because I've never experienced this in any Hilton. So I called Hilton Honors, and they were apologetically less than helpful. I have choices, and Hilton will be losing future business from me.

I had the "do no disturb" on my door. After day 2, janitorial staff removed it and entered the room anyway. I was very disturbed by that because they didn't do anything necessary. They replaced two towels and removed two others. And they just threw the cover back over the bed, rather than actually making the bed. I believe, and will always believe, the only reason they entered was for less then noble reasons.

I requested a high room, and I made my reservations months prior to the stay. Upon my arrival, I was told they only had rooms on the first floor. That wasn't true, because there people in my group who arrived after me, and they were not on the first floor.

The room was a basic room, nothing special. The rooms had microwaves and mini-fridges, so if you stay here don't waste money on the over-expensive breakfast. Overall, if you desire hospitality, and those who care about your business, I would strongly suggest that you find another hotel. I was told that the Staybridge was very nice.

Room Tip: I really doesn't matter, hotel staff won't honor requests unless they feel like it.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank JperiodSMITH
cody g, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve and that we’re known for giving. This is not characteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I’ve spoken to our staff regarding your feedback and can assure you this matter has been addressed. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oconomowoc
Staybridge Suites Milwaukee West Oconomowoc
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Delafield
The Delafield Hotel
The Delafield Hotel
#2 of 4 in Delafield
Holiday Inn Express Delafield
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Delafield
The Country Springs Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Oconomowoc? Share your experiences!