“Great place for pizza”

Rosati's
Ranked #10 of 84 Restaurants in Oconomowoc
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mankato, Minnesota
“Great place for pizza”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We ordered 3 pizzas and garlic bread an hour before close for takeout, and couldn't have been happier. The pizza tastes great, and the garlic bread is usually very good, but would recommend not ordering it for takeout as it didn't taste the same. Definitely the best pizza in Oconomowoc!

Visited June 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“NOT MUCH FUN FOR US”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have visited Rosati's on 4 different occasions and I never leave any kind of a review until I'm sure that our visit, either good or bad was not a one time thing. All 4 times disappointment followed. Getting past the teenie boppers at the front door was the first hurdle. They are so busy twisting their hair and trying to get out of their own way, they don't have the skill set to deal with the number of people that frequent this restaurant. TIP TO OWNERS - Get front end people that can figure out when the guests walk in where they should be seated. If a group of 6 walks in with small children, seat them with other family groups. When couples walk in, especially over 40 with no children in tow...seat them where they can have a decent conversation without having to YELL over the baseball team seated in the same small room. TEACH THEM.....THEY CAN LEARN SINCE MOST OF THEM SEEM TO STILL BE IN HIGH SCHOOL.
The bar staff, while minimal was good, and very quick to serve. The food was good (just good not great)...however...its not good enough to make me run the gauntlet at the front door. The bread that is awash in oil tasted rancid. Clean it out and put in new oil....we can taste the difference. Its not butter, don't tell me it is, I have lived in Wisconsin for 56 years, I know what butter tastes like.
Pizza was pretty good, but also not worth the trouble it took to get to a place quite enough to eat.
Cesar salad was over dressed, but I forgot to ask for dressing on the side.
Baked fish in paper was very good, especially on a fish fry day
Pasta was OK...but could have been drained to omit the puddle at the bottom of my plate.
All in all if you don't mind the noise, long and confusing wait for a table, ditzy front end staff it might be worth trying for your large group. As for a date, or something more intimate or to unwind....forget it. We won't be going back. This place is turning into an expensive Shakey's Pizza (for those old enough to remember it). Not worth the time or $$.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Cheeseheadonwheels55
Oconomowoc, Wi
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I love their lasagna! I always end up taking home enough for another meal. The service is great and the food is awesome. I would recommend to anyone.

Visited March 2014
Granite Falls, North Carolina
“Probably not the best Italian ever but pretty darn good!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I ate here twice while staying in Oconomowoc and both times enjoyed the food and the service. Supper first then a lunch a few days later. It was a busy place at supper but the service and food lived up to the reputation my friends had given it; Two days later a late lunch was equally good and the restaurant was not busy so the waitress spent some time just talking and was entertaining and fun. Food was good and had left overs to take back to the hotel each time..

• Visited May 2014
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We've been to Rosati's several times because my wife likes the gluten-free pizza. So, we invited friends to join us there for dinner on May 3rd.

We were very disappointed this time. The pasta dishes were cool and had to be sent back. My salad tasted like it had come from the cooler at a gas station. My wife's gluten-free pizza was good, the only decent item on the menu.

The dining room experience was very strange. Twice servers had to rearrange tables and chairs and they noisily dragged them across the floor making conversation impossible.

Our server was a ditz. She seemed uninformed about the menu or the wine list. When we asked for the check to be split, it was but jumbled, with lots of errors.

Will we be back? Probably, but only for the GF pizza, and only for take out.

Visited May 2014