“Smoke Smell...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Odanah
Bad River Lodge and Casino
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Please do not let this review hinder your next stop at this casino but my wife and I hate smoke. We stopped for some sort of promotion and it was a nice place but it smelled so badly of smoke that we had to leave. I am not sure how I can make this place sounds awesome because this is what I try to do. I try to find the good and bad but we had to leave and that may be not a good recommendation. Please give this place a try and maybe you will love it; we just hated the smell. Maybe it is better now...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DonandLisaFromUSA

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I stayed at the bad river casino hotel,october,16,2011 for one night and had a newly renovated room priced at $69.00 a night.the room had two comfortable queen beds,a 32" flat screen tv with about 30 channels,a microwave,a small fridge and a decent bathroom with nice thick bath towels. the casino is just average an assortment new and old slot machines,and table games but it is very smokey and kind of run down.there is a deli located inside the casino also a coffee shop located outside off the casino that was average, a gas station and IGA grocery store located across the parking lot from the casino.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a renovated hotel room
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank james c
Reviewed 24 September 2011

The food sucked. Restaurant opened late. Snack bar was out of food. The woman cooking didn't were a hair net. Later that night ordered food to go an cashier ignored us she was texting and smoking. Didn't wash hands afterward. I'm gonna send letter to health inspector. They apologized saying they had a new manager. They should get rid of the new manager.

Room Tip: Good room. Food has gotten worse since last stay.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank lisa b
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Clean, friendly staff and on the beaten path.
Continue down Hwy 2 to Odanah and find affordable accomodations while visiting Bayfield and Ashland.

Room Tip: Renovations on the rooms have started, and they will be redoing 5 rooms at a time in this small faci...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank amerigirl
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I come to this hotel proabably every two to three months to visit my daughter at college. Honestly, how can you complain about a room that is less than $50.00 and is clean with great staff. The rooms are spacious-there are different type of rooms. I have stayed in the King Bed, double queen, and the Jacuzzi. It is nothing fancy, two stories high. It does show some wear and tear a bit it some rooms, but big deal. The casino is just a stroll through the lobby. It is a very small hotel, so it takes about 2 minutes from the farthest room. There is a nice pool with a hottub too. A little game room, a restaurant, and a snack bar inside the casino. The fun part is part of the casino has the older machines that spit out coins still. Then there are the machines that have tickets too. The snack bar is real cheap in the casino. I have not been too fond of the restaurant on the property. There is a little smoke shop with some necessities if forgotten. The staff is ever so friendly, and know me by name, and remember me! The Jacuzzi room is not fantastic, so I wouldn't waste the extra $20 on it. I have had to take a smoking room once in awhile when others were not available. Amazingly, no smoke smell. I have a very sensitive nose, so when they told me it wouldn't smell I was skeptical, but they were right. I bring my mother up here with me and she just has a blast at the casino. It is a small casino, but fun! They are very concientous about fixing the chairs, wiping things down, picking up the garbage. It is a fun little place out in the woods. Internet in some rooms, or in lobby if needed. Computer provided or wireless. Ashland is about 10 minutes away, and then Bayfield about 35. Great economical place!

• Stayed: February 2009
3  Thank us2snorkel
Reviewed 9 September 2007

I really wanted to like this place. When making reservations, the people were so nice and check in was a breeze. I had gotten a room with a jacuzzi in it. The trouble started when I tried to use it...black water, okay, a dull brown came out of the spout. Whatever it was, it was gross.
I went to the front office & the lady gave me two coin vouchers for the casino (because I already paid for the night) - adding up to $20. She also said there were previous complaints by other guests about this problem and that the cleaning staff recommended running the water for a while. What - you know about this problem, and have had numerous complaints, yet you don't fix it. Believe me - I ran the water for a long period of time throughout my stay, and it never came out clear & clean.
The rest of the room was fine, although I can't say I remember specifics. All I know is I could never recommend this place to anyone and would never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank angeleyes333
Reviewed 20 September 2006

Run by the Bad RIver Band of Ojibwe Indians, this Lodge in the Woods is a great bargain. The Casino is attached and hotel guests get vouchers for the casino as well as meals. Breakfast was huge and delicious. You get more vouchers for gas you purchase and purchases made in the Lodge (and even if you have a birthday on the month you stay!). The Lodge is spacious and clean with a pool that is open extended hours for the kids.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank sazoram

Been to Bad River Lodge and Casino? Share your experiences!