“Great Service”

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Eau Claire, WI
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My hubby and I stopped here after a visit to the Hobby Lobby nearby and we were seated right away with chips and salsa. The salsa was tasty, and I like a good salsa. Not hot, but not bad. The chips were a light and airy corn tortilla. For the meal I ordered the Chimichanga El Dorado and it was nice and hot, as was the Cilantro Lime Rice. The Black Beans however were luke warm and tasteless. The chicken in the Chimichanga was really good. Spiced just the way I like it, just enough spice to make my nose run. LOVED IT! The rice was my favorite, would love the recipe for that. I probably would not get the Black Beans again which is too bad, I love those. The server and host were on top of things with constant deliveries of drink refills and others things we asked for. All in all a good stop for a meal and I would go again if I were in the area and had a hankering for Mexican cuisine.

• Visited April 2014

Onalaska, Wisconsin
“gone downhill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

we have gone to this location for years. However, New Years Eve (12-31-13) was a TOTAL disaster! Watered down drinks. Food appearance was unappetizing. Chimi's not cooked thru, rice warmed over. Flavorless meal. So disappointing after many great meals. Also, the piped in music--hard rock! Billy Idol white wedding, blasting!,this is a Mexican atmosphere. Staff said they could turn it up or down; however, they did nothing. Noted that the place was virtually empty. Usually you see people waiting in the bar or lobby on NYE. Won't be back. Six in party, all were prior customers, were not happy.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Paul B
“Very good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Carlos O'Kelley's didn't disappoint us this time. They had a few new items on their menu which was a plus. Great service too!

Visited July 2013
Onalaska, Wisconsin
“Average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Probably close to tex-mex that I'm used to. Love their atomic salsa the most. Inexpensive. Most of the time it's not that busy and easy to get seated

Visited March 2013
“Much improved!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Our first few trips to Carlos, when it first opened, were disappointing. However we recently decided to give them another chance. We were pleasantly surprised. We ordered the seafood enchiladas and the enchiladas San Carlos. The food was quick and hot. The sauces were very good, with a nice kick of spiciness. We will definitely go back.

• Visited June 2013