“Excellent value. Better than I expected.”

Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
“Excellent value. Better than I expected.”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Very inexpensive room, but it was still very nice. Clean and comfortable. Rooms didn't feel horribly small as other reviews mention. My only complaint is that the chain doesn't offer king beds. The queens feel more like fulls and are two cramped for a pair used to their space. We got two beds and I didn't care for having to sleep separate just to be comfortable. With that said for the price I'll definitely go that route again if it's just for 1 night.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank raevenx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2011

This is a great motel to stay in while in the LaCrosse area. Clean and quiet with a good breakfast. Great friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sparkles35
Minnesota
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I needed a hotel while my son was nearby for a college orientation. The hotel is just off 1-90 behind Woodman's grocery store. Impressions as I arrived:
The entrance faces the freeway and you enter the parking in the rear of the hotel. The lobby is very small. Check in was quick. Elevator smelled somewhat unpleasant. The room was a shoe box! I pretty I've had cruise ship cabins that were bigger than this room. Room 204 - There was a small queen bed and the window seat over the air condition/heater had a cushion also to be used as a bed. The bathroom was large in comparision to the size of the room! Stained ceiling and torn wall paper/patch marks in the bathroom. In powering on the tv, it came on blastingly loud each time. The bed was comfortable, but had black stain marks on the sheets. Since the room faced I-90 and the road was literally four car-lengths away, it was extremely loud all night and sleeping was difficult. I turned the radio on in attempt to cover the truck noise, but no good. Continental breakfast was offered in the morning but I did not go take advantage. Wireless internet worked fine in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Woodman's
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Onalaska hotels

Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We just needed a place to sleep so we could be at registration with our "new freshman" in the morning. THis hotel is just off the interstate heading into town, has great rates, is clean, friendly, and willing to negotiate. I previously stayed here and was able to get them to match my rate for a friend we met who didn't have a reservation. THe breakfast was nice, waffles you can toast, bowls of ceral, pastries, bagels. The four of us stayed for $50. A Woodman's Grocery is accross the street and a microwave and fridge are included in the room. THis is a huge, fun grocery in that they have a wide variety and good prices. Plenty of shopping and restaraunts with in walking distance or a quick drive. Your room key gets you a 15% off at TGI Fridays just down the road.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor were both quiet for sleeping.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Conveniently located. We had a room on the back side, which did not pick up the interstate traffic noise. The view wasn't critical, as we were there for a night's sleep. The room was clean, the bed was relatively comfortable. I would not want to stay here for a week, just a tad too small. I will say that the window looked like it had never been cleaned. I used a towel to wipe a small area, and the towel got so black that I did not want to ruin it further. Looks like it might have been a smoking room at one time and nobody ever cleaned the glass. The A/C was relatively quiet. We were next to the ice machine, so in the morning there was the steady dropping of ice as people filled coolers.
ONLY REAL COMPLAINT....We should have looked for a pet-friendly sign to warn us. There were at least 3 rooms with dogs. One barked enough during the night to wake us up several times, then in the morning, there was barking and yipping again as they all woke up. I don't mind dogs, I just don't think they belong in hotel rooms. On the other hand, they don't make much more noise than some small children do.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
texas
Reviewed 7 April 2011

It's worth the money by far. Good value. Rooms were fine, breakfast is continental and fresh and free wifi was fast.

• Stayed February 2011
Schererville, Indiana
Reviewed 29 January 2011

We were out in this area for a concert, and found a great deal online for this hotel. When I looked at the reviews and ratings, it seemed like a decent, low-priced hotel. Boy was I wrong. Upon check in, things seemed to be going fine. We got up to the room, dropped our stuff, and had to hurry off to the concert. I will say upon walking in the room, I was pleased. It looked nice for the price. Well when we arrived back to the hotel, after the concert my opinion changed very quickly. When we pulled back the sheets to go to bed, it was a NIGHTMARE. There were TONS of stains on the sheets, and even a piece of hair. The pillowcase had make-up on it from a previous guest. My partner was not happy and instantly when down to the front desk. He came back up with a gentleman, who brought us new sheets. He gave us the sheets and said he would "take a couple bucks off of our bill". Well when we pulled the sheets off to change them, I will not even tell you what the mattress pad looked like. So, we got the new, just as bad, stained sheets on the bed and went to sleep. When I woke up, i stepped into the shower, and guess what..NO HOT WATER! It was hot for about two seconds, and then turned ice cold. So, I had to hurry and get the shampoo out of my head, and get the heck out of there. That incident was just the icing on the cake. I am not one to leave nasty comments, but this hotel was unbelievable from start to finish. I have stayed in modestly priced hotels in the past, and they were like the RITZ compared to this. Truly disappointed.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onalaska
Baymont Inn & Suites La Crosse/Onalaska
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Onalaska
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse? Share your experiences!