Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Both the check-in and check-out personnel were, let's say, less than enthused to be working there. They were very unprofessionally dressed too. Our biggest complaint however was the heater. It was mid-June but got cool at night so we turned the heater on to get the chill out of the air. We immediately smelled a smoky odor and sure enough the fire alarm went off. It wouldn't stop so I had to take out the battery. That really made us nervous the rest of the night. I told the person upon checking out and he acted as if I was describing how to build a rocket. In spite of us using our Wyndham Rewards, I still expect better service and accommodations. One positive was that the beds were very comfortable. Don't expect much for breakfast...I think they had some type of continental breakfast but there was only chairs in the lobby, no tables that I could see.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Good room for the money. Convenient as we traveled. Don't know about breakfast as we didn't stay for it.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were headed out of town for a family gathering and decided to stay here based on its proximity to several state parks. We needed a clean and comfortable place to stay and this hotel provided just that. I was mainly drawn to their 100% non-smoking policy. The smell of cigerette smoke in a hotel room can make or break a hotel experience for me. It is next to a highway, so if the sound of traffic bothers you, try to get a room furthest from the road. Personally, I like the sound, so that was a non-issue for me.

This was so close to being a 5, but there were a few cons that prevented me from giving Microtel a perfect score. I wasn't a huge fan of the full mirror behind the bed. I just don't like seeing that much of myself. The TV cut out a few times during my favorite show (which may just be due to the location's somewhate rural proximity) and there were bugs on the window sills in the lobby. All minor things, but added up enough to know a point off the score.

Room Tip: Some rooms are by the highway, so if the sound of traffic bothers you, ask for a room further away.