“Very nice place to stay!”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Onalaska
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Very nice place to stay!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed there one Sunday night in the end of July!
Very nice place, spacious clean rooms, convenient location!
I have just one recommendation. They have great pool area, awesome whirlpool and nice outdoor pool. But the outdoor pool and the area around it are very small. It looks like they have enough space to extend it so it will be a nice change. The cleanness of the pool area can be improved as well.

Room Tip: Second floor, garden view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Colton, South Dakota
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had a terrific rooms that was clean, comfortable and uniquely appointed. Stayed here before the rooms are always clean, the staff is curteous and friendly. Definately a go to every time we are in LaCrosse. Special thanks to the manager Katie....

Room Tip: We request king bed with whirlpool... feels great to soak after a long day of riding motorcycle.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have stayed in Room 255, the whirlpool suite on several occasions for special occasions; birthdays, anniversaries. It is a very nice room with a jacuzzi and balcony overlooking the marsh, which is a gorgeous view. The king size bed is extremely comfortable and furnished with 5 large pillows.

I was disappointed to find large make up stains on the duvet, which was really the only "warm" blanket on the bed. I understand they do not wash the bedspreads daily, but the top "bedspreads" were very light covers and the duvet was the heaviest blanket on the bed.

Also, the jacuzzi jets were extremely weak and it may need servicing. It was nice for a relaxing soak but very weak as far as power.

To be extremely fussy, there were a few mildew spots below the step in shower. But again, I am being very picky.

Overall, the hotel is very nice and if we didn't love the room, we wouldn't reserve it time after time. The location is wonderful for many choices of restaurants, shopping and convenience.

Room Tip: We were in Room 255, at the far end of the hall. However, the only elevator is located in the cente...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rudolph, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating, We had our bikes with us which they had a place to store them.Our room was 235 which was very nice. I really enjoyed the hot tub especially after biking we were sore. Onalaska is beautiful....Outstanding dining opportunity.We went to Fridays for the first time excellent ribs, right across the street.The Great River Trail was not what we expected..You are not by a river.We went 25 miles north to Marshland.There is no where to stop for drinks or food.Had to bike back 8 miles to get something to eat & drink.From a 1-10 rating.We give the trail a 3.Maybe the LaCrosse trail is better which runs south.Now the drawbacks to Stoney Creek.The room above us had children, that were running & jumping.(Very,very loud) they kept us up until 1:00 a.m.The second night a couple well placed thumps on our ceiling from us quieted them down.The breakfast was very dissappointing thats all I have to say about that!:( Overall we will stay at the Hampton next time around.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mary B
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Picked this over some similarly-rated hotels because the Thurs night price was a bit less than some and reviews seemed better than most. Not much of a noise issue, especially if you request a room facing the pool. Some noise from pool swimmers, but not that late. It's not fancy, but it was clean and king bed was very good, perhaps a bit softer than I like but fine for one night. The only criticism we have is that when the hotel is full or nearly full, the breakfast space is too small and you must wait for a table to open up. Breakfast food is average; stick with fruit and cereal, and if you like stronger coffee, find a nearby Starbucks or similar.

Stayed July 2014
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here in May of 2014 for a business trip for 5 days. I thought I had uploaded a review but it must not have posted, so I'm doing it again.
I stayed in room 305 and I must say the hotel itself was very nice. I liked the cabin feel, and the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Plus the hotel is within a short drive; five mins or less of lots of choices for lunch/dinner options.

Now for the bad part, first seeing as how it was the end of May, it was starting to get warm out (over 80). So I decided to take a dip in the indoor/outdoor pool. I was the only one out there at the time. The pool had not been vacuumed in quite some time as there was a ton of dead bugs on the bottom of the pool. Either that, or the pump/filter hadn't been ran. This wasn't that big of a deal but I swam anyway. Upon going into the indoor portion of the pool, there was a small dead frog floating on the top of the water. So, needless to say, I was done for the day.

On the second day of my trip, I was preparing to work midnight's as this was a business trip. I dropped my iphone plug and couldn't find it right away. This necessitated me to get down on my hands and knees using the flashlight on the phone to look for it. As I looked under the bed, I was amused to see a small sign that said "Yes; we cleaned under here too"
Well, I'm here to tell you they didn't. About a foot and half behind that sign; I find a used pair of men's underwear (not mine!) Now, I didn't say anything as I wanted to see would the cleaning personnel catch it. Nope. That underwear sat under the bed until I checked out that Saturday morning ( three more days)
Also of note, The bedside lamp had a large splash of what appeared to be some type of cola or drink that exploded up inside the lampshade. This was clearly visible while standing next to the bed. (see photos)
I had a nice time while at Stoney Creek, I just hope the cleaning personnel take a little better pride in cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed in Stoney Creek cottage 8 for six weeks on my business trip in La Crosse. It is very close to the shopping mall and there are a lots of restaurants within 5 min walk. Behind the hotel there's a swamp where you can see deers sometimes. My stay was May and June so I always went to its swimming pool. I would recommand stoney creek to anyone who's looking for a hotel in Onalaska.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Onalaska
Hampton Inn Lacrosse Onalaska
Holiday Inn Express Onalaska (La Crosse Area)
AmericInn Hotel & Conference Center La Crosse - Riverfront
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Onalaska/La Crosse
Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#5 of 6 in Onalaska

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - La Crosse? Share your experiences!