“Good Mexican in a nice location”
Review of Senor Peppers

Senor Peppers
Ranked #2 of 27 Restaurants in Oregon
Cuisines: Mexican
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good Mexican in a nice location”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The dining area is a little confusing but the food and margaritas are very good. Prices are more than fair and the service is very good. Parking is usually easy to find.

Visited June 2014

Belleville, Wisconsin
“Well Prepared Food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have had two recent visits to Senor Peppers. Food is well prepared and well presented. I have had fajitas and an burrito on two different occasions. The server on or first visit was professional and knowledgeable. He was friendly and showed good humor. He was helpful in finding something for our friends 87 year old father. Margaritas were top shelf. Our second visit had equally good food, but the server seemed in experienced and confused. Food again was top shelf. We will continue to enjoy our visits to Senor Peppers!

• Visited June 2014
Madison, WI
“Awesome food, hit or miss service”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I love the Mexican food here. My whole family does. I think it is as good as any Mexican in Madison. The service is very hit or miss though. I feel when my husband and I go alone or service is much better than when we bring in our two children. If anything I would like it to be faster when we have the children with us because of their limited attention span! Two times we have waited almost an hour from being seated until we got our food. In both cases it was because our server brought us water, took our drink order, and then just failed to come back to take our food order. The first time my mother was along and actually had to get up and walk over to the server and ask if we could order food (we were one of maybe four tables in the restaurant). The second time I was just with my husband and children and right before we were going to walk over and ask if we could order he finally came over. But we had waited almost a half hour just to have our order taken! I almost left when two tables that had come in after us had their orders taken first.
It would be so great if they could work out the service kinks because we really want to eat there! Also, the servers are very friendly and nice; it just feels like there is a breakdown with when orders are being taken. Both times the restaurant has been slow so it is not a case of going in on a very busy night.
It will be a while before we risk going back with our children.
Despite all this the restaurant still gets four stars. The food is just too good to rate it any lower... The staff is nice... The margaritas are phenomenal...just be sure you take orders in a reasonable amount if time and you'd be 5 star!

1 Thank TravelWench14
Madison, Wisconsin
“Cozy new digs, excellently prepared food”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is one of those hidden gems that I hope doesn't get so busy that I won't get a table anymore. Their new location about 300 ft across the square from their old location is simply and beautifully done, comfortable, and exceptionally tasteful.

My sweetie is gluten-free and after explaining this to our server, he took personal responsibility to ensure that everything was prepared exactly the way she wanted it. NOTE - this is not a GF certified kitchen, so if you're celiac, understand that there could be contact cross-contamination with wheat flours, a staple of Mexican food.

However, both our lunches were beautifully prepared, served very hot, and by our incredibly gracious host who proclaimed, with a grin, that they serve "the best margaritas in Oregon". I don't doubt that, and we will certainly be back for an evening meal to put it to the test.

Several hours have passed and my sweetie has had no adverse effects (a thankful and somewhat rare occurrence), so we're pretty confident that they did a good job to keep the gluten away.

• Visited February 2014
Oregon, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Senor Peppers has excellent, food, excellent prices, excellent service, and excellent margaritas. I cannot say one thing bad about the place, and have been there numerous times. Awesome Mexican food!

Visited December 2013

Been to Senor Peppers? Share your experiences!